Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thoughts on this breathing pattern?
RE: Thoughts on this breathing pattern?
(10-13-2018, 07:33 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I don't see the flow limitations like I thought I would. I'm thinking a small mouth leak that slowly grows and the recovery spike is you waking up from it.

I could totally see that.  I have been fighting mouth leaks my entire time, and still fight it.  I have a chin strap that somewhat works, but I still catch it happening (and I can still wake with a dry mouth at times).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on this breathing pattern?
Madcat, if this is a persistent and intractable problem, the mouth leakage, you might think about covering your lips with tape as I do.  This seems dreadful, and many here look with askance on the very idea...understandably.  However, taping is what I must do if I am to derive any benefit from my device and its proffered therapy.

If you have already considered it and discarded the idea, that's fine and I won't pursue it further here.  If you'd like more information, I would be happy to relate my experience to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 220 49 minutes ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 99 2,442 9 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 334 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 931 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 196 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 573 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.