Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you transfer computer data (Rescan or Sleepyhead) back to a SD Card?
Can you transfer computer data (Rescan or Sleepyhead) back to a SD Card?
My new dme had my SD Card.  Just picked it up and within 20 minutes I lost it!  Sad

I have all my current data in Sleepyhead and Rescan.  

Can I transfer data from my computer installs of either Sleepyhead or ResScan back to a new SD Card so I don't lose any of my old data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can you transfer computer data (Rescan or Sleepyhead) back to a SD Card?
I just didn't want to lose my old data. After reading this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to-SD-Card it looks like I can just pop in a new SD Card and Sleepyhead should just merge the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:24 PM)calcuttaman Wrote: I just didn't want to lose my old data.  After reading this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to-SD-Card  it looks like I can just pop in a  new SD Card and Sleepyhead should just merge the data.

Your situation is less complex that the one in that thread where the person lost both the SD card and the machine.
All you have to do is put the new SD card in your CPAP machine; and it will put the machine serial number on it; and write the data that exists in the machine to the card.

You just continue to use your software as usual.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
SH reads the raw data from your machine off the SD card and formats it to be read by SH. You won't be able to use that formatted data in ResScan and conversely you couldn't use ResScan's data in SH. It would be fine if you backed up SH data to use in a different install of SH though. justMongo's way is the only way to get the data back on the SD card. Though you may lose some detailed data since that only gets written to the SD card.

By the way, have you looked between your seat and center console in your car? I've lost stuff there plenty of times.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I found my card! Smile Geez, I had put it in a spot where I wouldn't forget it!
Post Reply Post Reply
actually - if checked in the preferences - SH creates backups of the "raw" data. you can find that in your profile-directory --> your machine --> Backup.
(some files or all might be zipped there ... and the "restore" process back to a "working" SD-Card might not be the most straight-forward - but in the end the data is not "lost")
Post Reply Post Reply
True it makes a backup but it is not an exact duplicate of your SD card. For example, in the SH backup, all of 2017 is in one folder where ResMed separates each day into its own folder on the SD. It is also missing all the crc files which probably are not needed anyway. I just assume those are checksum for file integrity. The STR_Backup folder is incomplete. I have never tried to copy the backup data back to the SD card to see how the machine, SH or something like ResScan would handle. I don't trust it. I have zipped backups of the SD card in my PC.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Archive SD card data txrpls 3 802 12-18-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: txrpls

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.