Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you use a power strip with an xpap?
Can you use a power strip with an xpap?
My post is in the title. Can you use an xpap with a power strip?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can you use a power strip with an xpap?
I have mine hooked to a power strip with surge protection. I just turn the power strip off if I need to turn off my cpap for some reason.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Certainly you can. These machines don't normally draw a whole lot of current and I would imagine at night when you are sleeping, there's probably not much else that the strip is powering.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I use a power strip with surge protector and switch off from the power strip if needed. Otherwise the power strip stays on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
surge protection, surge protection, surge protection
too expensive to replace 'cause of a electrical spike
Post Reply Post Reply
Always an advanced power strip, one with good surge protection.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wife and my machines both run off the same power strip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's how I power my ASV blower. My power strip also is a phone charging station and plug for the desk lamp. It just makes it easier for me as it brings the plug onto the table instead of being buried behind the bed. And it doesn't hurt to have your blower on surge protection.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going in a certain direction with this.....I camp ALOT. Recently, I've started to see power boxes in many public campgrounds not necessarily catering to RV-ers (I suppose a wired camp spot is necessary for all those tech gizmos to be charged). Am I going to be able to run a heavy duty power cord from one of those boxes into my van?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2017, 05:47 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I'm going in a certain direction with this.....I camp ALOT. Recently, I've started to see power boxes in many public campgrounds not necessarily catering to RV-ers (I suppose a wired camp spot is necessary for all those tech gizmos to be charged). Am I going to be able to run a heavy duty power cord from one of those boxes into my van?

We ran a 3 day bike rally for 8 yrs. 

There were breaker boxes for venders etc. 
     We had many a cpap ran off heavy cords ran into tents, vans,  venders campers etc. 
     Just make sure your plugging into 110 v.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 114 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 175 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,901 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 249 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,745 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 427 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 1,033 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.