Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Canada 72
Canada 72
Hello, and many thanks for all great posts. This is my first post, having read for hrs the great posts here. [/font][/size]I have been on trial with Resmed S9 auto adapt for14 days, and I am finally coming out of a fog I have been in for along time.
I was just about to purchase an ASV machine, but have been told by my Cpap company ASV is no longer available, by Resmed or Phillips.
Has anyone have more info on this topic. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Canada 72
(06-04-2015, 06:47 PM)RLS also Wrote: Hello, and many thanks for all great posts. This is my first post, having read for hrs the great posts here. [/font][/size]I have been on trial with Resmed S9 auto adapt for14 days, and I am finally coming out of a fog I have been in for along time.
I was just about to purchase an ASV machine, but have been told by my Cpap company ASV is no longer available, by Resmed or Phillips.
Has anyone have more info on this topic. Thanks

That's crazy and untrue.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
checked my facts, have deleted this added new post ...:-)
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RLS also,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that CPAP therapy is helping you.
They are still making ASV machines, don't know where your DME came up with the idea that they aren't.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What does "Canada 72" mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Again.
I have been on 14 days of a 30 day trial with a Resmed auto ASV Adapt. At the end of the trial I was going to go on a 30 day trial with a Phillips BIPAP Auto SV Advanced System One. The DME had to order one from Phillips, they called me this morning and said they could not order any ASV from Phillips or Resmed any more, and they were recalling any AVS machines they had in stock and on loan. I don't know the extent, I just know They wont sell, or allow me to test the Phillips machine I suppose to get in 16 days. Thanks Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like resmed issued a recall based on that heart failure issue that was posted about a week ago.
However, it appears Phillips has only issued a warning.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 07:25 PM)player Wrote: What does "Canada 72" mean?

Google it. It's a movie about a 1972 Hockey series between Canada and the Soviets. Canada pounded the Soviet team!
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 08:10 PM)justMongo Wrote: Looks like resmed issued a recall based on that heart failure issue that was posted about a week ago.
However, it appears Phillips has only issued a warning.

its to update the paperwork....
Post Reply Post Reply
A hose issue
http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...3r-eng.php

The ASV issue:
http://foreignaffairs.co.nz/2015/05/15/r...n-therapy/

The new user guide has the warning in it:
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Snipit:
Contraindications
ASV therapy is contraindicated in patients with chronic, symptomatic heart failure with reduced left
ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF ≤ 45%).
Positive airway pressure therapy may be contraindicated in some p
atients with the following
pre existing conditions:

severe bullous lung disease

pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum

pathologically low blood pressure, particularly if associated with intravascular volume depletion

dehydration

cerebrospinal fluid leak, recent
cranial surgery, or trauma

so carry on unless the above pertains to you...I guess

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Canada? Dolfan 1 869 09-16-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: barney999
  Shipping Fees Recall Canada joblolabinette 6 837 06-22-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Canada and Philips Recall cate1898 8 1,072 06-05-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: cate1898
Question [Equipment] Who sells ResMed's AirSense 10 HypoAllergenic filters most cheaply, for Canada? StackExchange 1 553 12-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Canada- Buying CPAP in the USA, Customs, Broker Fees etc? KeepSmiling 7 1,273 09-30-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Treatment in Canada SenatorBirch 16 1,928 03-23-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: DH07002
  [Treatment] Ontario Canada Resident--Prescription for APAP, or ASV machine? DaveL 13 1,738 12-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.