Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Canadians do you buy
RE: Canadians do you buy
(06-18-2015, 01:32 PM)Riven Wrote: Player:

By now Kally should be very confused. Since my objective was to help her and not get into a debate with you, I will repeat my position on this issue since it may be of benefit to other Canadians who are looking for the best deal on supplies.

I acknowledge that better deals can be found in the US for some items if you search hard enough, but that most of the popular CPAP supply items are available from on-line dealers in Canada for approximately the same price after you consider exchange rates and cross border shipping issues. I reject your statement that Canadians can save "big time" by buying in the US. Of course I wouldn't have said that three years ago when the Canadian dollar was worth 20% more than the US dollar. Now we are looking at almost a 25% premium to buy an American dollar.

I have informed you of my Canadian supplier by PM. I don't know who you used for your comparison or what items you purchased so I am at a disadvantage here. However, let's look at what you "may" have purchased. I see from your profile you use a "Pillarno" nasal pillows mask. I assume you meant Pilairo. Using some of the suppliers from the list above I found prices at about $79US. That same mask is available from the Canadian Supplier I use for $89CAD. After the application of the exchange rate the Canadian supplier is almost $10CAD cheaper and this is before shipping and border issues are added!

Also I have a ResMed P10 and N10 which are available from the Canadian supplier I used for $99CAD each. Most of the US suppliers from the list above sell the same masks for 99US. Again the Canadian supplier is cheaper. Another example, last year I purchased a ResMed Mirage FX for $126CAD. The price from most US suppliers was $109US. Again the Canadian supplier is cheaper after the exchange conversion.

So if nothing else, let's agree to disagree. We have both provided Kally and others with some information to work with. They should be able to arrive at their own conclusions once they have done a good search of the internet and understand the issues related to cross border shopping/shipping/customs.

Yes you are right now. But when I bought my stuff in January, there was a huge difference on the masks. I bought 3 or 4 masks and some other stuff and with the differences as I say I saved about $400 on the order.

But now they have changed their pricing to be in line with the big .com cpap online seller. Thanks for pointing that out.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Canadians receive a replacement from Philips? Fedman 1 644 11-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Best places to buy CPAP Masks for Canadians Sedona79 10 22,436 05-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.