Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose/Nosering Irritation
Nose/Nosering Irritation
Hi there. I'm a new CPAP user. I have an AirFit F30 mask. I chose it because it seemed like it would be less constricting than the other model but failed to think about it sitting right under/on my nose ring. It doesn't feel tight but I have woken up my first two nights with my machine with my piercing feeling very sore. Today it's been red and swollen. Has anyone dealt with this? Is it something my nose just has to get used to? Should I change masks to the full over the nose? Would maybe turning the humidity down help, because honestly my whole nose feels off but the piercing is what's irritated. Not sure what I should do!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose/Nosering Irritation
A nose ring is going to give a pathway to leaks with nasal pillows. As someone in the older generation, I'll tell you a nose ring has no appeal and I wish you wouldn't disfigure your natural beauty, but if you're going to keep the nose ring, use a nasal cushion mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I don't have any leaks. Just irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply
What material is the ring? If it contains nickel, it may be a metal allergy. If irritation is from moisture or abrasion, there are some good topical applications some of our members have tried and recommended. If the irritation is an infection, use an antibiotic ointment. For irritation, members like Lanishoh cream, Dr. Bronner's organic Magic Balm (unscented), other nasal moisturizers are okay, however avoid petroleum jelly or Vaseline.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Occam’s Razor. Try a full-face mask. You got there on your own.  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Will keep those in mind. This is a piercing I've had for 3 years and it didn't bother me until I started using the mask. I have an appointment tomorrow to change masks. If that doesn't help, I'll try the products to see if they help.
Post Reply Post Reply
A true full-face like the ResMed F20 should hopefully not irritate things any further as it sits up on the bridge of the nose. Once properly fit it is quite comfortable for many. You may need to increase pressure by 1, so keep that in mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a big fan of this when my nose is irritated, it isn't really for your issue but may help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDXFT38
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,986 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 652 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 467 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.