Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot Connect Contec CMS50FW to Windows 10
Cannot Connect Contec CMS50FW to Windows 10
Can anybody help me to connect my Contec CMS50FW to my PC with USB cable or Bluetooth!
I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.137 and SPO2 Assistance version 3.0.4!
SPO2 Assistance cannot detect the device in USB and Bluetooth and getting Exclamation mark in Silicon Labs driver!
The Bluetooth driver is from Broadcom !

[attachment=7073]
[attachment=7074]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot Connect Contec CMS50FW to Windows 10
I have use my CMS50F with W10 Pro with no difficulties. The firmware in my oximeter is 3.38 IIRC, and I have SpO2 Assistant v3.0.3, and the Windows Driver Package from SiLabs dated 2018-01-18.

I suggest checking the date on your SiLabs driver package; I don't recall downloading it separately, and it seems to have updated after my install of the SpO2 Assistanr.

Oh, one other point that confused me - The device would be detected as soon as I plugged it in... but nothing would work until I turned it on and saw the version display. That doesn't seem to be your problem here (yet) - I think your driver is out of date.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your response!
I uninstall the SPO2Assistance, reboot my PC and reinstall it from the CD that came with the oximeter!
I turn on the oximeter and the software still cannot detect the device!
I am still getting the exclamation mark for the Silicon Labs driver in Device Manager after reinstalled!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right, the Silicon Labs driver is out of date!
Do you know where to get the latest driver?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a driver specific to Windows 10 on Silicon Labs site.  Search for USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers using your favorite search engine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't remember if we can link directly to the Silicon Labs web sites, but if you do a search for "CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs" you will find the right page. You want the Windows 10 Universal (v10.1.3) driver.

Note for others: The Mac and Linux drivers are also there, although it is noted that the Linux driver is already included with the Linux kernel.
Post Reply Post Reply
The driver at the Silicon Labs is the same as the one came with the CD with the pulse oximeter!
Is there any other source for driver that will work with Windows 10 Pro version 1803?
Post Reply Post Reply
Checking further, I see that my driver is actually date 03/19/2014, version 6.7.0.0 marked silabenm
That would seem to be the one farther down labeled "Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/8.1 (v6.7)"

As I mentioned, I just did the automatic install from the Contec disk, and it works for my CMS50F and my CMS50D+(new style).
Post Reply Post Reply
Previous version of Windows 10 Pro worked with software that came with pulse oximeter CMS50FW!
But the latest version 1803 of Windows 10 Pro need a new driver!
However, I managed to sync the oximeter with SPO2 Assistance with bluetooth, but with USB cable unplugged from PC!
Post Reply Post Reply
I knew there would be a good reason to stay with 1709... I hope SiLabs is working on this.

Of course I always have good old reliable Linux - Debian Stretch

I'm glad the Bluetooth is working for you, at least for SpO2 Assistant
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,555 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 291 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 360 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 590 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 810 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 914 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Software for a Contec CMS 50E pulse oximeter dschalk 3 1,200 05-25-2023, 10:57 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.