Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot Connect Contec CMS50FW to Windows 10
RE: Cannot Connect Contec CMS50FW to Windows 10
Oh-Oh-Oh!  I forgot that the latest version of Windows 10 is enforcing the signed/approved driver authorization.  This means if you, as a developer, haven't paid tribute to Microsoft then your driver won't be allowed to run.  There are ways to get around this however.

Method 1:
Windows includes a “Test Mode” or “Test Signing” Mode feature. Enable this mode and driver signature enforcement will be disabled until you choose to leave Test Mode. You’ll see a “Test Mode” watermark appear at the bottom right corner of your desktop near your clock, informing you that Test Mode is enabled.

Paste the following command into the Command Prompt window and press Enter:
Code:
bcdedit /set testsigning on
  • Note: If you see a message saying the value is “protected by Secure Boot policy”, that means Secure Boot is enabled in your computer’s UEFI firmware. You’ll need to disable Secure Boot in your computer’s UEFI firmware (also known as its BIOS) to enable test signing mode.

Method 2:
You’ll need to run a command from an Administrator Command Prompt to do this. To launch one, right-click the Start button or press Windows+X and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not digitally signed. Use the following steps to disable driver signature enforcement.
  1. Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
  2. Click Update and Security.
  3. Click on Recovery.
  4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
  6. Click Advanced options.
  7. Click Startup Settings.
  8. Click on Restart.
  9. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.
Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

I hope this may help.

Edit: You will probably have to reinstall the driver after disabling the signing protection.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are champion Crimson Nape!
I followed your Method 1 and reboot the computer and the SPO2Assistance recognised the CMS50FW oximeter!
Unfortunately, the SleepyHead "could not detect any connected oximeter devices", so I imported the data file saved by SPO2Review!
But I input the wrong starting time for the data file, how can I deleted and re-imported again?

[attachment=7124]
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you are on the day you want to purge the oximetry data. Go to Data -> Advanced -> Purge Oximetery Data -> Current Days.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And you will have to re-import your CPAP data first... yes, it's a bug
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2018, 01:02 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I knew there would be a good reason to stay with 1709... I hope SiLabs is working on this.

Of course I always have good old reliable Linux - Debian Stretch…

Well, as gumleafau noted, previous versions worked with 1803 (I've upgraded, and had none of the reported issues) so it doesn't seem that you ducked a bullet.  Anyway, why not dump Win 10 and go back to XP?  (You've got Linux for modern stuff, and you would have one stable platform.)
Post Reply Post Reply
ShaunBlake - My dau gave me her 'old' Surface Pro 3 and it already had Win 10 Pro on it. Also, I doubt that Fusion 360 will run on Win XP. And I'm not sure I can find any old XP CDs around here anywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still have an enterprise licensed copy of XP Pro. It's now relegated to being used for virtual machines on Linux.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I followed your instruction to delete the oximeter data on current days, but when I reopen the Sleepyhead ALL the data on the current day got wiped out!
How can I re-import the data of the current day back into SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
I restore the data from backup but some data are out off scale!
The "Time of Pressure" extend across the full screen, but all other data have empty data from 4.50am till 7.40am+ and are not needed!

[attachment=7127]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,397 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 237 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 313 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 526 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 749 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 834 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
  Software for a Contec CMS 50E pulse oximeter dschalk 3 1,141 05-25-2023, 10:57 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.