Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot Transfer Data to from CMS50D or E to SleepyHead
Cannot Transfer Data to from CMS50D or E to SleepyHead
Hello All

Summary: 
I own both a CMS50D and a CMS50E and am unable to reliably upload recorded data from either of them to SleepyHead. If SleepyHead developers can provide advice on how to debug this problem I'd be glad to contribute financially. Otherwise I will solve it by uploading data to a Windows virtual machine.

Details:
I'm unable to reliably upload recorded data from my CMS50D+ to SleepyHead (ver. v1.0.0-beta-2) running on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10).
The main problem is that the data does not transfer or only partly transfers. Following the device (from Facelake a few years ago) and SleepyHead instructions, I do and experience the following:

1. Connect the pulse oximeter to the Mac via the cable provided. As I wrote above, I've confirmed that this transfers data from the oximeter to the Mac.
  2. Go to the recording screen on the oximeter. The menu says Alarm, "Recording on", "Exit", and some other things. 
  3. In SleepyHead, click Oximeter -> Oximeter Import Wizard -> Start -> Select device "CMS50D+ ..." -> Import directly from a recording on a device; sometimes SleepyHead crashes at this point.
  4. Push the white button on the oximeter, which should transfer the data to SleepyHead.
  5. SleepyHead shows "Oximeter Import Wizard"; I set the time and click "save and finish".
  6. Little or no data is present.
I recently purchased a CMS50E, which encounters the same problem. It appears that the upload data transfer protocol does not properly synchronize. (I'm a computer scientist.) It finishes too quickly, and probably drops some of the data. E.g., see this screenshot which shows 1 sec. drops in SpO2. Those do not appear on the device.

Give this situation, I plan to install a VM (probably Parallels) and buy and install Windows so I can upload data.

Regards
Arthur

PS. I may not have time to reply to responses, but will try.

Systems:
Macbook running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2, Build Date: Apr 21 2016 11:02:02, Revision: cb213cc (master branch)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot Transfer Data to from CMS50D or E to SleepyHead
o.O do NOT buy Windows just for that - there are plenty of 90 day trials out there directly from MS ... just google for them (even ready-to-mount virtual PCs)
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't installed the UART driver for a Mac, you will need to Google the term "silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge driver mac" for obtain the proper driver.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot Transfer Recorded Data to from CMS50D or E to SleepyHead
(04-01-2017, 01:21 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you haven't installed the UART driver for a Mac, you will need to Google the term "silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge driver mac" for obtain the proper driver.

This is not the problem. I've installed the driver. Communications between the CMS50D/Es is confirmed by both real-time data transmission to SleepyHead and partial transmission of recorded data. The bugs are in SleepyHead's code for receiving recorded data. One possibility is that SleepyHead does not handle Macs with multiple cores properly, my computer has 2. Another possibility is that SleepyHead unintentionally relies on delays caused by writing to disk. My computer has a SSD drive, so those disk-write delays are much shorter.
I would write this in a SleepyHead but report, but cannot find a public bug tracker for it.

(04-01-2017, 12:06 PM)TBMx Wrote: o.O do NOT buy Windows just for that - there are plenty of 90 day trials out there directly from MS ... just google for them (even ready-to-mount virtual PCs)
Good point.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2017, 12:06 PM)TBMx Wrote: o.O do NOT buy Windows just for that - there are plenty of 90 day trials out there directly from MS ... just google for them (even ready-to-mount virtual PCs)

This is a nice idea, but unfortunately there are no free Windows trials available. 
Nor do any of the common Cloud VMs appear to fully support USB forwarding.
Post Reply Post Reply
one thing I have noticed with my 50f, sometimes it only uploads a few minutes, I need to upload it again to get the full night.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ArthurP

Google "windows 10 enterprise trial", you can download straight from Microsoft the 90 day trial.

In regards to this " One possibility is that SleepyHead does not handle Macs with multiple cores properly, my computer has 2. Another possibility is that SleepyHead unintentionally relies on delays caused by writing to disk. My computer has a SSD drive, so those disk-write delays are much shorter."

SleepyHead requires  MacOSX 10.7+, which requires a multicore processor, so I don't believe it is a multi-core problem.  I highly doubt it has anything to do with your ssd drive either, but what do I know, you're the "Computer Scientist".
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2017, 11:11 PM)ArthurP Wrote: This is a nice idea, but unfortunately there are no free Windows trials available. 
Nor do any of the common Cloud VMs appear to fully support USB forwarding.

Microsoft has like forever their "please do not just try an illegal copy - try a valid version from us first" mentality

just googling and using the first 2 results comes up with this:
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/mi...tools/vms/
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...l-machines

(they do have plenty more ... personally I don't know of one single microsoft product you can not test first in a ready to use virtual machine ... and I don't know of any company supporting that many different types of virtualiziers^^)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question How do I transfer my data to OSCAR? hejohoo 1 768 08-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CMS50D+ import issues moarZs 20 3,137 02-28-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.