Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot Upload From SD Card/Conflict with 2 Machines
Cannot Upload From SD Card/Conflict with 2 Machines
Good morning, 

I have a ResMed AirSense 11 Auto Set and a 2nd machine, a ResMed AS10 Auto Set that I use occasionally. I have separate SD cards in each.  I imported data this morning from my ResMed AS 11 as I normally do.  I then tried to go back to sleep this morning using the 2nd machine (the ResMed AS 10) testing to see how it loads data to Oscar. When I tried to upload the AS 10 SD card in Oscar just now, it did not show as an AS10, instead showing that the machine is importing data for the AS11. After importing from what I thought was the latest short sleep data for the AS 10 from my drive, the data did not show up at all for the time in which I used the AS10 this morning, even though it shows on the AS10 itself.  Obviously, there are file issues and I do not know how to separate the two machines or even how to find the AS10 card so that it uploads correctly.  

When I initially started with my new AS 11, Oscar appears to have merged all data from my AS 10 with the AS11, which is fine with me.  However, now, it seems as if I cannot get the AS10 SD card to upload to Oscar, or even find the card.  

Please advise me on how to fix this problem.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot Upload From SD Card/Conflict with 2 Machines
OSCAR does not support two different machines in a single day. The second machine you try to import will be rejected because there is already data for the day from another machine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohh.  That makes sense.  Thank you for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a follow up to this question yesterday, I continue to have some problems.  I used my ResMed AS 10 for the entire night (last night) and did not use the AS 11 at all any time of the day. On the Oscar upload this morning, it continued to read AS11, which is wrong. What's more, I received strange sleep session times on the machine which I cannot make any sense of in reading the elapsed times and which do not properly equate to the bar chart readings at the bottom. The times almost appear random. Please see the attached screenshot and look at the elapsed times. The upload continued to say AS11 even though it is coming from my separate SD card for my AS10.  It also could not capture the correct pressure settings at the header of the session, showing me this message "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown.

Please suggest how I can straighten this out.  Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The AS11 changed certain file extensions. Since most people upgraded to the AS11 without changing profiles, I believe logic was added to the OSCAR code where it looked for the newer file extension of the AS11 and, if found, would declare it as the CPAP of use. The only recommendation I can make is to create separate profiles for the AS10 and AS11.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson.  Would you be so kind as to give me the actual steps involved to create the separate profiles?  I am not sure how to accomplish that. 

Also, why are the sleep session times so messed up?  Any idea?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please create a zip file of your AS10 SD card and upload it to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

You can use OSCAR to create the zip file with Help->Troubleshooting->Create zip file of CPAP data card
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The file extension recognition, could be the culprit in your time corruption.   As far as I know, you are the first to go back to the AS10 from the AS11 within the same profile.  If someone else has done this, they haven't admitted to doing so.

Go to Profile ⇾ New Profile (right side of screen).  Create 2 different profiles, using something like, "AS10" and "AS11" for each User Name.  Fill in as much or as little information for each profile.  To complete a profile, you will keep selecting Next until the last menu, then select Finish.  To aid in keeping each model's data segregated, I would label each SD card, AS10 and AS11, respectively.   Another thought is to go into File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Import ⇾ Memory and Startup Options(subgroup).  Deselect the option, Automatically load last used profile on start-up.  This will deter you from accidentally importing the wrong data into the current profile.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 213 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,311 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 645 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 555 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How do I import data from multiple machines into a single OSCAR profile? levy76 2 589 07-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: levy76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.