Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot get AHI down
Cannot get AHI down
[Image: 3JjyTC5l.png]

Please help with my data and machine settings.  My AHI is all over the place.  I can't seem to get this.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot get AHI down
roy1962,
Your graphs are a little hard to read, but it looks like you are using EPR set at 2. I would turn this off with the amount of clear airways showing. It might also help to lower your pressure to 10cm.

Did your sleep study show central apneas?

Just checked your history and noticed you haven't visited with us since 2015. Can you give us some insight on what has been going on for the last couple years? Have you always experienced clear airways? Send us a couple screenshots and the summary page so we can see what settings you have been using.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line next time you post a screenshot.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope this helps

[Image: O6RYnBo.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 04zlP1Yl.png]

I'm clicking "large thumbnail" in imgur and that what im getting
Post Reply Post Reply
I find that if I post the linked BBcode instead of the BBCode it results in an image that can be enlarged for easier viewing in the forum. It is also helpful to eliminate the pie chart which brings more of the statistical data into view. It is done by selecting preferences in the file pull down menu and then selecting the appearance tab and unchecking the box for pi chart.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the linked selection

[Image: 04zlP1Yl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
my study did show centrals
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of clear airway events. Have you tried to do without the EPR? You could try turning it off, and watch for at least a week.

Have you been in touch with your doc about the clear airways?

It also may help to lower your pressure a little.

The leak rate is a little high too. It could be mouth breathing. Do you use a chin strap?

Mabye others will offer some suggestions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does clear airway events suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2017, 11:12 AM)roy1962 Wrote: What does clear airway events suggest?

When your xPAP reposrt "Clear Airway Events" or "Central Apnea" it means it detected an Apnea event BUT it was not obstructive and that it determined that your airway was open, not blocked or obstructive.

No Xpap machine can tell the difference between "Central Apnea" where the brain does not send a signal to breath (at home you are not monitoring your brain activity) or a "Clear Airway Event"  Only a sleep lab can tell that which is why we ask for that data.

A clear Airway Event suggests that you have Central Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.