Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot get Sleepyhead to install on Win 10
Cannot get Sleepyhead to install on Win 10
Hi,

I am new to the world of CPAP with a Philips Dreamstation. I would love to install Sleepyhead on my PC but for some reason double clicking the exe does nothing.

I tried it on a Win 7 machine at work - fine.
I downloaded the older 0.9.8-Testing and that executes and installs ok.

I am at a loss as to why nothing happens when I try to install 1.0.0-beta2 on this machine. Is there something wrong with the file that doesn't like W10 64 bit?

I tried clicking check for updates in the 0.9.8 Help menu but that just gives me a notification in Windows that says 'Unable to init SSL context'

If I can't get this to work will the older version still give me some information?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot get Sleepyhead to install on Win 10
Welcome

It installed fine on my Win10 64bit. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus. If no go, right click on the setup and choose to run as Administrator.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
MY Windows 10 install failed initially.
When I ran it as Administrator, it installed nicely.
- locate the setup file
- right-click on that and select 'Run As Adminstrator'

Note: it is a good idea to shut anything else down while installing new software.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried right clicking and running as administrator, compatibility settings and everything else I can think of but double clicking the exe just doesn't do anything on this machine - no attempt to run, failure or anything.

I downloaded it to Win 7 at work and it ran fine.

I have a Win 10 2-in-1 tablet which I will try tonight, failing that I'm lost.

I'm a IT developer by trade so this is quite embarrassing!! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try this. It is a registry mod that will give you the option to "Take Ownership" when you right-click on a file or directory. Try taking ownership then try installing it.
Here is the link to download it: TakeOwnership.zip
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2016, 06:41 AM)redstripe1uk Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried right clicking and running as administrator, compatibility settings and everything else I can think of but double clicking the exe just doesn't do anything on this machine - no attempt to run, failure or anything.

When Sleepyhead installs, it puts two different EXE files in the Programs x86 folder. Try double-clicking the one for brokenGL.exe
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2016, 09:04 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 06:41 AM)redstripe1uk Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

When Sleepyhead installs, it puts two different EXE files in the Programs x86 folder. Try double-clicking the one for brokenGL.exe

Hi,

That's the problem, it doesn't install...

If I double click the setup file on my work machine it brings me the Sleepyhead setup wizard, If I do the same on this machine it does nothing...
Post Reply Post Reply
To answer your second question the older version gives you all of the same information. I actually prefer the older version and run it although both work fine on my Win 10 PC.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2016, 09:53 AM)sonicboom Wrote: To answer your second question the older version gives you all of the same information. I actually prefer the older version and run it although both work fine on my Win 10 PC.

Thanks,

I don't actually know what information I should be looking at yet as I am very new to CPAP. However I guessed from the forums that I would quickly need more than the dreamstation software gives me.

I'm going to try installing the newer version in Safe Mode when I get home from work, but if not I'll give the older version a try.

Chris.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you will get at least one version to work the next step is to understand what you are looking at. Here is the link to the Sleepyhead guide. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,262 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 724 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,548 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,136 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to install Oscar on ubuntu 22.04 BrassCat 2 763 05-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
Question Can't install the Prisma Software on Win11 Budgie 0 650 01-15-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Budgie
  Unable to install OSCAR linux mint cpapmonk 9 949 01-03-2023, 02:25 AM
Last Post: untoutseul05

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.