Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] THANKS
Wink 
THANKS
Hi Wish to thank everyone for all this information that you make available. I have found a lot of answers and more questions to ask my equipment provider and my doctor. have had my ResMed Escape only about 3 weeks .I was ready to give it back but decided to try and make some changes on my own which helped a lot. I turned down the temp to 68 and humidity to 4. Pressure is set to 13 Thanks Made a big difference. My AHI reading for that time is only .8 Do I really need this? Though I feel much better. Also have pulmonary fibrosis.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: THANKS
Hi poppaj:

Glad to see that the cpap is making an improvement for you.

Keep up the good work . Any questions.....just ask.

Sleep-well Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome poppaj, looks like you are on the right track. Not sure I understand "do I really need this" that question has nothing to do with your (very good) working treatment numbers. What was it like without pap? If it was like the rest of us it was a train wreck waiting to happen. My AHI is below one all the time but without treatment I know it can near 120 OA's per hour which would have eventually did me in. So keep up the good work and enjoy life if you can.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same as above. Hoping that was a joke? We are here anytime you want help. Welcome.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi poppajohn1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes there sure is lots of great and helpful information to read here on the board.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you had this machine? If you have not had it for long, seriously consider taking it back and demanding an Autoset. The EscapeAuto is going to be useless in terms of data tracking pretty soon. And with your lung disorder, you are going to want to keep up with the data to make sure you are getting the best treatment possible.

And yes, you do need it. CPAP is a treatment, just like insulin and hypertension medication are treatments. You take insulin, you blood sugar is regulated. Just because your blood sugar is regulated does not mean you need to stop taking insulin. Same with the other medication.

Your AHI of .8 is freakin' fantastic! Congratulations.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings poppajohn1;

You are doing fantastically well and your troubleshooting is great!

Your question of "Do I still need this?" I HOPE this is simply being rhetorical. YES, you still need a CPAP/APAP. As PaulaO2 commented - using a CPAP/APAP is a daily treatment, not an instantaneous cure as in the "numbers are good and now I can stop using it". We wish it were that way!

I assume that you take daily meds for the pulmonary fibrosis even though there is no cure for that, except maybe a lung transplant - CPAP/APAP use is the same as a daily med. It needs to be used daily as there is no magic cure for sleep apnea.

As you have probably read, sleep apnea is extremely dangerous - without treatment it can damage the heart, brain and other parts of ones body. PLEASE do not stop using the CPAP/APAP.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.