Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot get answers!!
RE: Cannot get answers!!
My insurance (BCBS) did cover a S10, I have yet to get to talk with the DME, I've only worked with a respiratory therapist. He has been very helpful. The first s10 was a lemon, just picked up my second one today. I plan to hook it up tomorrow night. I plan to jot down all my settings from my old S9 into my new machine.

Wish I could be more help, but I did learn that my DME is booked through March, of course if you only work two days a weekThinking-about that might explain the long wait to get inOh-jeez

You might want to read around in the sleepy software section as to explanations of the graphs and other things in your sleep recordings to help you understand what each thing pertains to.

I'm no expert, but I do know my AH1 and A1, along with leaks and OS/events are what I watch for.

You are in the right place, there are plenty of helpful folks here, and sometimes if they don't have the answers to your questions, just being able to share it with someone that may have your same problems I'd beneficial.

Best of luck to you Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsydoats: I tried sending you a personal message, but it did not go because it said that you were not a registered member. So, how that can be, I don't know.

(10-29-2014, 07:49 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Can you please help?

Today I got the call that my CPAP titration had been read, and that my doc would be sending it to a nearby DME who works with my insurance company. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I CANNOT get in touch with anyone who can discuss my results with me. The assistant isn't qualified, of course, the PA is "booked until December 8," and when I asked if I could discuss it with the doctor then, she said, "No." What the heck?!

My concern is that I show not only OSA but CSA as well--and that scares me. A lot. I've had no TBI, stroke, nor any other damage to my brain. So what's going on?? It's obviously a neurological problem (it appeared on the second of my two take-home tests too), and the CPAP won't do any good when it comes to resolving that issue; I'll still stop breathing during sleep.

Attached is the Rx.

Is the # of sleep apneas the number per hour, or the total number for the time I was asleep?

My other question is this: Because of what my doctor checked, does it mean I will be unable to get the AirSense 10 Autoset for her (i.e., CPAP and not Auto-CPAP)?

Thank you for any insight you have to offer! (And if I should have posted this somewhere else, please just let me know.)

Lamb

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 04:09 PM)Coroboree Wrote: Hi Lambsydoats: I tried sending you a personal message, but it did not go because it said that you were not a registered member. So, how that can be, I don't know.

(10-29-2014, 07:49 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Can you please help?

Today I got the call that my CPAP titration had been read, and that my doc would be sending it to a nearby DME who works with my insurance company. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I CANNOT get in touch with anyone who can discuss my results with me. The assistant isn't qualified, of course, the PA is "booked until December 8," and when I asked if I could discuss it with the doctor then, she said, "No." What the heck?!

My concern is that I show not only OSA but CSA as well--and that scares me. A lot. I've had no TBI, stroke, nor any other damage to my brain. So what's going on?? It's obviously a neurological problem (it appeared on the second of my two take-home tests too), and the CPAP won't do any good when it comes to resolving that issue; I'll still stop breathing during sleep.

Attached is the Rx.

Is the # of sleep apneas the number per hour, or the total number for the time I was asleep?

My other question is this: Because of what my doctor checked, does it mean I will be unable to get the AirSense 10 Autoset for her (i.e., CPAP and not Auto-CPAP)?

Thank you for any insight you have to offer! (And if I should have posted this somewhere else, please just let me know.)

Lamb
-----------------
I was able to pick the machine I wanted, my doctor didn't suggest any machine. The s10 can be setup to be just CPAP or autoset (APAP).
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 04:24 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote: The s10 can be setup to be just CPAP or autoset (APAP).
Only AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her can be setup in either CPAP mode or AutoSet mode
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her has an extra mode ... 'AutoSet for Her' and report RERAs in all 3 modes (all others don't)

AirSense 10 CPAP (basic machine) and AirSense 10 Elite are fixed pressure machines
Post Reply Post Reply
How many seconds for a CA is "long?"

I see advice not to worry about them unless they last a while.

I've had some that have been in quick succession (so quick, that they look like a solid block on the SH report), and each lasted at least 10 seconds, most lasted 14, and one lasted 17 seconds. Here's last night's report--with 39 CAs.

They MUST have something to do with pain and holding my breath when I move in my sleep.

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 10:57 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: How many seconds for a CA is "long?"

I've had some that have been in quick succession (so quick, that they look like a solid block on the SH report), and each lasted at least 10 seconds, most lasted 14, and one lasted 17 seconds. Here's last night's report--with 39 CAs.

They MUST have something to do with pain and holding my breath when I move in my sleep.

Lamb

10 seconds is the level at which you consider it to be "no problem". The longer it gets, the closer together, and the more of them you have, the worse it is. It's not a clear yes/no question.

Where to draw the line is a judgement call. Try holding your breath for the time period the central lasted and think about how bad that's going to hurt you. As a rough guess, 30 is getting to the bad level if you don't have them too often. Some people have apneas that last more than a minute, which is getting scary.

What's your total nightly AHI and CAI?

Post a graph zoomed in on your CA's.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 10:57 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: How many seconds for a CA is "long?"

Hi Lamb,

I think Central Apnea events lasting less than 20 seconds are fairly short.

The CA events are concentrated in a short period. Using SleepyHead, can you zoom in on the dense cluster of CA events to show us a 5 or 10 minute period during that cluster of CAs?

Here is an article which overviews Central Sleep Apnea. The article has a PRINT icon which will allow you to save the complete article as a pdf file on your computer, for future reference.
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/304967-overview

Take care.
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2014, 12:37 AM)vsheline Wrote: The CA events are concentrated in a short period. Using SleepyHead, can you zoom in on the dense cluster of CA events to show us a 5 or 10 minute period during that cluster of CAs?

Like this? (There are too many to fit in detail on one screen, but you can see several of them here.)

Thank you for the link to the article. I am building my sleep library (and my knowledge base) quite nicely. Smile

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but show the flow rate, not the insp. time. And try to show about 10 minutes worth of them, whichever 10 minutes hold the most of them.

Like this:

[attachment=1111]

(how to do an attachment: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments )
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 10:57 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: I've had some that have been in quick succession (so quick, that they look like a solid block on the SH report), and each lasted at least 10 seconds, most lasted 14, and one lasted 17 seconds. Here's last night's report--with 39 CAs.

(11-30-2014, 09:28 AM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Like this? (There are too many to fit in detail on one screen, but you can see several of them here.)

Hi Lamb,

As PaulaO2 suggested, we are primarily interested in the detailed Flow waveform.

So we will be able to see the fine detail well, I suggest changing the vertical scale on the Flow so that the top of the scale is about +80 and the bottom is about -80. (I don't use SH, so I'm not sure how that would be done.) Even if a few of the positive or negative peaks get clipped, it is more important to be able to clearly see what is happening when the Flow is small.

After selecting 10 minutes during the cluster, I suggest you then create a full Daily Report like you did yesterday. This way all waveform data would be shown for the 10 minute period which was selected, including the Flow data.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Two Years - No Answers (Apnea/Dry Mouth) jmr8749 5 876 02-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Answers,finally Dotalto 17 5,159 09-27-2014, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Dotalto
  [Equipment] New user looking for support and answers SleepNLoudly 13 6,266 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.