Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot get past the headaches
Exclaimation 
Cannot get past the headaches
I cannot get past the headaches! I have tried for 2 weeks to take a nap with my Resmed air sense 10 and I have a splitting headache every time! I have tried lowering the pressure from 10 to 5, no different. Help please! My dr is really no help. Just says not many people have these headaches and I might have to go to an oral devise. My sleep study indicates severe apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot get past the headaches
If you don't have a SD card for your machine yet you'll want to go buy one. If already have one in the Air Sense than your next step is to download sleepyhead software and post a chart here. That way we can see whats going on with your treatment. The links below will allow you to download sleepyhead and also show you how to arrange your data and post here.

Also if you haven't requested a clinic manual yet you can go to the members private files section and request one.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of headache? Where does it hurt (where on your head)?  It could be a tension headache caused by clenching your teeth due to the strangeness of the mask and pressure.  A bite guard could help that.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Kaypp. Welcome to Apnea Board.

To help us help you we need some more information about your headaches. Did you have them before you started CPAP or has it just happened since? People with apnea often wake with a headache but that (usually) stops happening once the apnea is treated. If the headache has only just started then it could be tension as Chill suggested, or it could be that your headgear is too tight or not fitting properly.

As Walla Walla mentioned, the best way to understand your therapy is to download and install #SleepyHead - it will give you a tremendous amount of detail about what's happening while you sleep. Lots of information here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

In the meantime, can you tell us what your untreated apnea score (AHI) was, and what results you're getting from the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your responses! The headaches started after using the CPAP. I will get the SD card and download Sleepyhead next.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your CPAP mask is on correctly such that you are not re-breathing exhaled carbon dioxide. Re-breathing carbon dioxide can cause headaches among other things. Knowing your pressure would be helpful. Please update your profile. Welcome aboard.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 734 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 524 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 908 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data analysis/headaches arkayamal 5 743 03-11-2023, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Morning headaches post- revised! lindylou 11 1,141 01-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: lindylou
Sad New CPAP user (sort of)Headaches every morning twincessmom13 8 1,230 10-25-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: twincessmom13
  [Treatment] 4 Years on CPAP, Still Tired with Morning Headaches FancyFrog 4 769 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM
Last Post: FancyFrog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.