Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions
OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions
Do to an oversight, the Linux versions of OSCAR will not display the contents in the Help → About OSCAR screen.  This does not affect the operation of OSCAR, just the display of the text in these screens.  Also, this only pertains to the Linux versions only, and not the Windows or Mac versions.  If you wish to see these missing items, I have provided steps to restore them and are listed below.

If any Linux OSCAR user wishes to see the contents of the "Help → About OSCAR", or needs a language other than English, try one of the following commands.

Code:
sudo touch /usr/share/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm

-  If the above returns with an error, "No such file or directory", try the following command:
Code:
sudo touch /usr/local/share/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm

-  or  -

I have made a bash script to do this for you as well. Here is the download link:
Download FixAbout.sh.tar.gz

To run this script, in a terminal window and in the directory you have downloaded this script, use the following command:
Code:
sudo ./FixAbout.sh

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions
I have change nothing in the deb file creation.
If you check the deb file, the files are available.
Have you modify something in the C code which can explain this behavior ?
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
I have done tests.
It seems what Oscar needs oscar_qt_fr.qm file to know where are the Translation files (only for Linux ?).
Maybe someone can replace in the C code oscar_qt_fr.qm by something else.

IN the OSCAR-code/oscar/translation.cpp file :
Code:
qtLangFile = "oscar_qt_" + qtLang + ".qm";
--> If I have all understood, there is no more oscar_qt*.qm file.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
It was just one of those things. The translation group updated all the files and names, not knowing (actually, no one knew) that someone, at some point in time, decided to pick that filename for path validation. Even normal debug testing did not encounter the error. It only occurs after an actual "apt install". It has now been addressed in the code, but for Linux users that want to use these documents, is the reason I have provided an easy workaround. As I write this, It just occurred to me, that the translations in a Linux install will probably not work without performing this update too. Don't you just love the Ides of March?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 1,022 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 331 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 469 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 710 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,465 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 591 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 783 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.