Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR
Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR
HI All,

I am not meeting compliance according to my DME and they say i am not using my ventilator, which is a Resmed Astral 150. 

The RT came out three times to get a download onto a USB but they're telling me that the downloads did not work. So now its connected to a modem and i guess using Airview on their end. 

I know that is not true because I use it every night. So I want to see for myself what is going on with my usage. I have followed the user instructions in the astral user manual and exported the user data onto a USB drive. 

The I downloaded ResScan 5.9 and go to import but none of the files show up just a folder of DATALOG and then nothing in that folder, but their are .EDF files for each day I can see in explorer. 

In Oscar 1.3.0 I click import CPAP Card Data but cannot choose the individual files. I transferred the data to a SD card and nothing happens when i select that directory. 

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly. I have added some screenshots to show what I mean. 

Thanks for any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR
I'm pretty sure the Astral isn't a supported device in OSCAR. Your Astral is a very high level machine and rare that you're even attempting to view the data. I'm not saying you're wrong in doing so. At the very least, view your usage reports on the Astral and take photos of the screen to send to the DME and possibly your doc and insurance to get this info in a patient file somewhere. I would also stay on top of this failure to get data to the DME so they can confirm compliance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 150 series seems to be a mixed bag. OSCAR is able to support the Lumis 150, but not the Stellar 150. If you would zip the SD card and upload it to Gideion's Dropbox I'll take a look to see if OSCAR can add support of the Astral 150.

Gideon's Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is not too soon to ask, did it work out that OSCAR can help with the Astral 150?

My mother's Astral 150 settings do not seem to be right for her, as no matter how the doctor and the DME's RT adjust things, she is still very exhausted.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned earlier, OSCAR can read the files from the Lumis 150 but not the Stellar 150.

If you can create a zip file of Astral 150 data, I'd be happy to look at it to see if OSCAR can interpret it.

You can upload it to our Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fd8us1ch5f8f7...kem1a?dl=0

Please include Astral150 in the filename so that we know what to look for.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much. I will see what I can do. I appreciate it.
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I couldn't tell if a file had been sent to you or if the Astral 150 vs Oscar issue has been resolved.
So I sent a .zip file "Astral 150 sample data from Pappa Joe"
Thanks in advance to any attention addressed to this matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
PappaJoe - That post is 2-years old. Since then, pholynyk has come under the weather and has limited participation here. I am not aware of any development on these platforms.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
-Red
Much obliged, Sir
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 8 hours ago
Last Post: alid
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 639 9 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 804 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 96 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 149 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.