Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot install Oscar on Windows 10
RE: Cannot install Oscar on Windows 10
The latest reply:
PC Matic Wrote:All hashes associated with THIS version of Your Windows software, are now globally whitelisted.
If/when you issue an update and any of the files you change will also have updated hashes, but because they're not digitally signed, we'll have to go through this all over again.
You really need to have the software digitally signed , because it allows us to whitelist the certificate and any new hashes you generate that are also signed by it, will automatically be globally whitelisted

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Brian Blank
PC Matic Customer Service
Melbourne, FL
One down, eleventy million to go... Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot install Oscar on Windows 10
Thank you.  It did turn out to be this.

Even with your answer, I was initially unsure how I was going to resolve this because all I am using is Windows Defender and I had been to Settings to try find out if there was something like this that I could do.  Then I stumbled over some notifications (click on the little square speech bubble icon in the very bottom right of the screen) that told me OSCAR had been blocked from making unauthorised changes.  By clicking on that message and following my nose a bit further, I was able to get to something that enabled changes by OSACR.  So I re-installed, ran it and everything popped up, including all the data that I put on just a few day. 

Now I have a learning curve to understand what I am seeing, but I am happy to have the data to look at.

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,386 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 310 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 739 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 747 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.