Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot open Sleepyhead etc
Cannot open Sleepyhead etc
Hi there, i just registered, but am really new to forums. i am self diagnosing and treating, and even though i just have a garage sale, $30, Remstar auto AFlex m series to begin this journey. i know i have to borrow a machine that will work with Sleepyhead to get the data i really need. i downloaded sleepyhead for mac OS X, but get an error message saying, "Cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Only apps from mac app store and identified developers.." or something like that. i did go on archangel's and roby sue's, tips pages, but did not see(and it could have been right in front of me) something pertaining to that error message. so, 2 questions:
1)how do i open that and put it on my dock
2)if i haven't done a sleep study, will i have the info it asks for to even set up the program, or will that just automatically come from some little sd card, when i find a machine i can borrow that has one, when i insert it, and figure out how to import it?
i would just love any help i can get.
best wishes,
magicis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot open Sleepyhead etc
(06-15-2015, 11:53 PM)magicis Wrote: Hi there, i just registered, but am really new to forums. i am self diagnosing and treating, and even though i just have a garage sale, $30, Remstar auto AFlex m series to begin this journey. i know i have to borrow a machine that will work with Sleepyhead to get the data i really need. i downloaded sleepyhead for mac OS X, but get an error message saying, "Cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Only apps from mac app store and identified developers.." or something like that. i did go on archangel's and roby sue's, tips pages, but did not see(and it could have been right in front of me) something pertaining to that error message. so, 2 questions:
1)how do i open that and put it on my dock
2)if i haven't done a sleep study, will i have the info it asks for to even set up the program, or will that just automatically come from some little sd card, when i find a machine i can borrow that has one, when i insert it, and figure out how to import it?
i would just love any help i can get.
best wishes,
magicis

Google "osx open app from unidentified developer."

SleepyHead doesn't need any info about your prescription. You'll need to know what pressure settings to program into your new CPAP.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2015, 02:22 AM)archangle Wrote: Google "osx open app from unidentified developer."

Found this video that might be of help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heUv6RtFtrI

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi magicis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
just got a used resumed s9 autoset with humidifier...how do i erase the last user's data from the sd card?
Post Reply Post Reply
The easy way, given that you have an S9, is to write some random file on the SD card using your computer. The S9 will be unhappy and tell you it must reformat the SD card. Let it do that, and you should be good to go. In the future, when you want to use Sleepyhead to read the data, be sure to slide the write protect tab to the lock position. That will prevent your computer from writing any files which will confuse the S0.

Or you can buy a brand new SD card for about $10. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='pholynyk' pid='131351' dateline='1442447404']
The easy way, given that you have an S9, is to write some random file on the SD card using your computer. The S9 will be unhappy and tell you it must reformat the SD card. Let it do that, and you should be good to go. In the future, when you want to use Sleepyhead to read the data, be sure to slide the write protect tab to the lock position. That will prevent your computer from writing any files which will confuse the S0.

Or you can buy a brand new SD card for about $10. Smile

Oh thank you, but considering i don't even know how to write a random file on the sd card...maybe a new one is in order....also, i put the old one, i think "imported" is the proper term....and the other user's data is now in my sleepyhead data thingy.....
ooopsy...

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the sd card erased with the patience of another user....thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
To start with a clean slate on SleepyHead, "change user" and then create a new profile.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,445 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
Cool Open Source Oximeter Software DavidEsp 0 737 02-21-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  macOS will not open OSCAR ? jrolli1509 6 1,086 02-12-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: biyahero
  Open OSCAR to profile PaulaO2 3 535 02-01-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  FlashPAP Won't Open! WSHenry 20 1,547 07-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: WSHenry
  downloaded update now Oscar won't open [solved, see post #16] slumberous1 19 2,060 07-24-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 600 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.