Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot read SD Card in Oscar?
Cannot read SD Card in Oscar?
My Resmed 11 stop transmitting (apparently a 3G cellular issue). I learned about Oscar on this forum. My understanding was any SD card would work, so I inserted a SanDisk 64GB. Upon insertion, the CPAP device appeared to see the card and the LCD said it was "formatting card." So far, so good. Then, a month goes by, I take the card out to look at the data, insert into a reader for my Macbook (running Ventura 13.6). I get an error message saying the laptop "does not recognize the inserted card." I made sure the Privacy/Security tick box for "Allow Accessories to Connect." It still did not work. 

Any ideas why this is not working? 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot read SD Card in Oscar?
so you did the formatting via your machine? if so, maybe try formatting it first on your mac, then plugging it into your machine. 

i'm not a mac guy, but in either event i would try that. if you can at least get the data off the current card to your hdd before reformatting, try that. 

if you're afraid of losing all that data, and there's a way to recover it, then try another sd card. 64gb may be beyond what the machines can write to. i have a 32gb sandisc ultra plus, and have no issues with my as10 or oscar. but again, that's on a pc.

good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was this SD card formatted to FAT32? As I recall, the 10 series ResMed might not have accessed a 64 GB SD card, but I thought I'd seen the 11 series can.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recall the Macs don't do well formatting a FAT32 on SD cards.  The SD Association has a free app to take care of this.  If the card is larger than 32GB, I believe the AS11 will read the exFAT format.

Here is their link:  https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not as knowledgeable as most on this thread. But I get a similar error message from my PC but if I go into OSCAR it will read the data when I point it at the drive. This is in Windows, but I thought I would put it out there in case it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR can't find data on SD card [solved, see post #24] brucewtb 22 2,155 10 hours ago
Last Post: mokeefe734
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 382 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 448 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 381 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 1,130 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,991 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 819 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.