Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cannot wake up
RE: Cannot wake up
Sleepyhead works great on my Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool! thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that I downloaded that and stuck my card into my Mac, is there anyway I can forget what those graphs showed???
Nasty graphs. No wonder I didn't wake up. I guess I need to get up at 6Am everyday. 6Am is when all nasty stuff starts.
Thats probably when I roll on my back. Nasty. Maybe I should just get one of those breathing tubes installed every night.
I wonder what that would cost to have a Md come by every night and stick a breathing tube in me?

But ya, sleepyhead works great with Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 05:34 PM)Deux123 Wrote: Nasty graphs.
Clusters of obstructive apneas, central apneas, or both
Whats AHI breakdown of events, obstructive, hypopnea, centrals, unknown (if any)
Whats pressure and leaks ... median, 95th percentile and maximum

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 11:08 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I checked with the voices again just this morning and they all agreed that I'm normal. Well, except for one... So we don't talk to him anymore.

.......and that is normal!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 12:42 PM)Deux123 Wrote: Well I am PC challenged. I only use Macs.

Hi,

I am a MAC user too, and there is a Mac version of sleepyhead I can use… my DH says I'm kind of nerdy for checking the stats but it has helped me.
give the sleepyhead software a try
S

oops Smile did not read all posts there….
Post Reply Post Reply
11 is max pressure, no leaks, but the OA and Hypopneas hit in clusters. 2 am and 4 am. That little circle chart that sleepy head shows, has a little sliver of clear airway, the rest is OA and Hypopneas split 50 / 50. I just realized my clock is out 2 hours somewhere. I better double check my machine. The AHI is 5, but gets there in 2 episodes.

*Yawn* I need a nap now. Those charts are exhausting! LOL. No, really, I need a nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not unusual for events to cluster. (Well, maybe not for retired_guy)
The auto machines are intended to raise pressure in response.

Study the high rate pressure and flow data around those clusters; also the flow limitation which is a scoring of the flow waveform.
Ask yourself: What is the pressure before the cluster and after the cluster? Did it start at the lower pressure setting? Did it abate when the machine raised pressure?

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 06:47 PM)Deux123 Wrote: 11 is max pressure, no leaks, but the OA and Hypopneas hit in clusters. 2 am and 4 am. That little circle chart that sleepy head shows, has a little sliver of clear airway, the rest is OA and Hypopneas split 50 / 50. I just realized my clock is out 2 hours somewhere. I better double check my machine. The AHI is 5, but gets there in 2 episodes.

*Yawn* I need a nap now. Those charts are exhausting! LOL. No, really, I need a nap.

It could well be that's when you rolled over on your back. But that's ok, because we want to be able to sleep on our backs too! Some never can do that, but once your pressures and such are optimized you may well be able to. ...........and that's a treat.

On your graphs over the entire course of the night: Did you bump up against the max line (11) quite a bit? Especially, as Mongo points out, around the time of the "nastiness?" If so, raising the pressure to 12 may well drive your ahi down, and might allow you to sleep on your back, your side, your head, or any other part you choose. If you do raise it to 12, monitor everything for a few days before you decide to raise it any more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2014, 12:42 PM)Deux123 Wrote: I am thinking if I can by an o2 monitor for the resmed I might spring for one.

Oximeters are stand-alone and have nothing to do with any particular brand of CPAP machine.

SleepyHead runs on a Mac just fine.

Are you taking any medication that would cause this inability to be woken up? When people are sleep-deprived and then allowed to sleep they will spend more time in the deeper stages of sleep than otherwise, so that might be a very temporary cause.

I would definitely discuss it with your doctor.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 160 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 604 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 399 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 357 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Low AHI - Why do I wake up? jkjsdflljkasdf9 3 448 02-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 522 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar Data Immediate Wake Ups - Tongue / Palate? ancheero 6 692 12-21-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: ancheero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.