Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cant Find RERA Data in Stats
Cant Find RERA Data in Stats
Using Resmed Airsense 10 and have been for a year or so. Flow limitations have crept up so I just want to monitor for RERA events but I cannot get to see the RERA Data.

I have selected and ticked the RERA box in the Preferences but I cannot find it in the "Event Flags"  tick box on the bottom right hand side of the page.

Can someone please advise what I am over looking or doing wrong.

Thanks.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cant Find RERA Data in Stats
On the daily page, the bottom right is for the graphs to display. On the bottom left you should see "Event Types" where you should see a tick box for RE
You may need to quit OSCAR and restart it after making the changes.

Has your machine ever flagged RERA's in the past? If not then there will be nothing to display.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for replying.

It has been ticked on the preferences page for 3 days.

On the main viewing screen and in the bottom slide bar it does not show on the bottom right "events flag" box or also on the bottom left box that you tick for CA, H, LL, UA etc.

So im puzzled.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just done the Oscar update and still cant see it. I thought that may help. Lets see what happens over the next 48hrs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Early models of AutoSet did not report RERAs. the 3rd and 4th digits of the serial number are the year the machine was built. Mine, built in 2014, does not. I'm not sure when it was added, but I thin it was in 2016 or 2017.

As Jeff mentioned, until an RERA shows up in the import data, there will not be a data channel for it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The serial number is 22211040342 and it was bought November 2020.

I will see if i can track down the date of manufacture. I will also check to see if the data comes to hand over the next day or two .
Post Reply Post Reply
Most likely you have been treated well enough that you have not had any RERA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2022, 07:17 PM)Gideon Wrote: Most likely you have been treated well enough that you have not had any RERA events.

Thanks for the reply and would you believe that what you said had not even entered my mind.

Slightly off the topic, It's the first time that I have ever used EPR feature because when i first started on cpap i tried it and CA's were high. But the last two nights of using EPR, flow limitations are way down and AHI still under 2.0 but both nights I had 7+ hrs compared to normally around 5hrs and the occasional 6.5hrs.

So if nothing else and no RERA events, the changes I followed from the posts have helped enormously.  Thank you for your work with Oscar Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed Australia just replied to my email and have confirmed that the machine was manufactured in 2021.
Post Reply Post Reply
The human body is amazing in what it can adjust too.
It sounds like you had Treatment Emergent Central Apnea. This occurs in some individuals when CPAP therapy in any form is started as the CPAP device improves your breathing. Differential pressure between inhale and exhale, such as EPR, increases our breathing efficiency and , in the process, flushes CO2 out of the system at times to below the apneic threshold resulting in central Apneas. Over time, typically several months, the body adjusts and your apneic threshold shifts to allow for a new normal. This is what has happened to you.

Well done on trialing EPR again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 67 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 83 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Cant Find Old Oscar Data Julia63 1 501 10-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Julia63
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,019 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Sad please help me to find software for respicare 25 bpap machine thank you sangamesh 0 565 06-19-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sangamesh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.