Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Carbon Dioxide vs Oxygen
RE: Carbon Dioxide vs Oxygen
There's lots of good helpful docs out there - my doc is terrific (and I am really going to miss him when he retires - he's 75 and still flies planes every weekend, real character, real old school, I learn a ton every time I go for a check-up(no, we are not allowed to treat ourselves in Switzerland - there are strict laws against writing yourself prescriptions, as there are in the US)) - but yes, I've known a few who are more useless that t*ts on a bull, but for the most part, if they are not helpful, it is because they are overworked or burnt out.

Anyhoo, I joined the forces of light, moving from cutter to steth jockey, not the dark side ;-)..... Shouda become a gas passer back in the day - way more fun, and its a sit down job.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 06:00 PM)DocWils Wrote: there are strict laws against writing yourself prescriptions, as there are in the US))
My doctor don,t need to write any script for himself. He get free samples from the drugs overlords
Post Reply Post Reply
To date, no drug reps have given me stuff that would be doping or addictive. Most docs don't get the "good stuff" as samples. When a drug rep leaves me samples of morph, then I'll be in hog heaven, so to speak, but instead I get the latest greatest prostate meds or some pain killers that are no better than any that came before, or some such stuff.

Of course, there IS the drugs cabinet, and I DO have the key, but then there's the messy inventory, so how would I cover five or ten vials of missing opiates? Nah, better to stay on the straight and narrow - anyway, diagnosing yourself is almost always likely to be wrong - you need a good set of someone else's eyes to make a good, measured diagnosis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 678 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 918 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 526 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 417 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.