Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Card reader and software for Remstar pro m series
I have an older Respironics Remstar pro m series with humidifier and smart card port. I've been trying to find the Respironics Infineer cars reader but most places no longer sell it due to it being a discontinued cpap machine. However I live mine and recently had it reconditioned. Does anyone have one if these older smartcard readers they would be willing to sell reasonably? I'd really like to start looking at my data. You can email me direct at jodybryant37@gmail.com if anyone has one. Thanks guys!!!! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you Google, or search EBay?

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2017, 10:14 PM)Beej Wrote: Did you Google, or search EBay?

Yeah they are hard to find and when you.find one it's just ridiculously expensive. Was hoping to find someone on the forum that might have an old one they don't use anymore they would like to sell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Bimmer, have you looked into getting a more modern data-capable CPAP machine? That REMstar M unit is pretty old and CPAPs have improved dramatically since then. The useful life of most CPAP units is about 5 years.

Most insurance and Medicare will pay for a new CPAP every 5 years. Even if you can buy one out of pocket, you can get some for less than $400, some even less than that if you're willing to buy a gently used machine from someone like Supplier #2, who currently has a ResMed S9 Elite plus accessories on sale now for $225, and that's a data-capable machine that uses a standard SD card, and you can get USB-connection SD card readers for less than $15 online all day long.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well right now I don't have insurance and am not working due to taking care of my mother while she takes chemo...so a newer machine or sleep study or new doc trip is out of the question right now. I hady machine rebuilt last year and it's a trooper...it is a great machine even though it's old. I just wanted to look at my data but in the larger scheme of things that isn't super important I guess as long as I'm lucky enough to have a good machine that functions as some people don't even have that. I'm blessed!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bimmer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

If you look on ebay doing a search for the DT3500 card reader one seller has one he
is just about giving away but it has the older 9pin serial plug nor the newer usb plug
but that shouldn't be a big problem. But I am with the previous poster who subjest just
geting a newer machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Breathing Video Series [copied from old forum] zonk 3 3,696 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: zonk