Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Card reader for first review of sleep data
Card reader for first review of sleep data
Hi,

I just got a Targus card reader from Sam Walton's store. I must be missing something because I have no idea how to insert the card from the APAP into the Targus reader. The user manual does not show how to do this. The end of the reader looks like it has a cap on it and I've tried to pull it off but I'm afraid I'm going to break it. I've tried to google info but can't find anything. Does anyone know how to put the card into the card reader? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Card reader for first review of sleep data
(03-18-2012, 07:04 PM)Jenny Wrote: Hi,

I just got a Targus card reader from Sam Walton's store. I must be missing something because I have no idea how to insert the card from the APAP into the Targus reader. The user manual does not show how to do this. The end of the reader looks like it has a cap on it and I've tried to pull it off but I'm afraid I'm going to break it. I've tried to google info but can't find anything. Does anyone know how to put the card into the card reader? Thanks.

the reader is probably like the one i bought. one end has a cap that comes off to uncover the usb plug that goes in the computer. the other end has a cap that somes off showing a slot that you put the card in to read it. both of my caps were hard to pop off. actually real hard.

i looked up Targus USB 2.0 SD Card Reader and it looks pretty much like mine with 2 caps.

let us know if yours works.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 07:04 PM)Jenny Wrote: Hi,

Basically you just stick it in, exactly as you would put it back into your APAP. Be sure to lock the card before you put it into the external reader for your computer. To do this you slide the little thing on the edge of the SD card from Unlocked to Locked, shown as icons with the padlock hasp open or closed.

Google for the Targus plus model number to learn more about your card reader. You are unlikely to break anything with normal forces from your hands; these things should withstand fingertip strengths easily.
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 07:28 PM)Netskier Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 07:04 PM)Jenny Wrote:
Basically you just stick it in, exactly as you would put it back into your APAP. Be sure to lock the card before you put it into the external reader for your computer. To do this you slide the little thing on the edge of the SD card from Unlocked to Locked, shown as icons with the padlock hasp open or closed.
I do exactly the same thing but don,t forget to unlock it before insert back into the PR System One.

Secure Digital (SD) memory card (wiki link)
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card

Post Reply Post Reply
what's the purpose of lock and unlock? i use the card that came with the machine, have never messed with lock-unlock and have never noticed anything wrong. am i missing something? this is the first i've heard of this actually.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 08:09 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: what's the purpose of lock and unlock? i use the card that came with the machine, have never messed with lock-unlock and have never noticed anything wrong. am i missing something? this is the first i've heard of this actually.

It should not be required, but Sleepyhead warns users to do this, or else you might get data corruption, so I do. I have forgotten several times, and nothing bad has happened yet.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
Locking and unlocking means data cannot be put onto it when it is locked. Which is why you need to unlock it before putting it back in the machine.

Jenny, if you cannot find anything, give us the information from either the box or the label on the reader. Usually on the bottom or back.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I pulled the cap hard from the reader and indeed it came off and showed the card slot. I ejected the card from the APAP, inserted the card into the reader, plugged into the computer, and double-clicked Sleepyhead, clicked import and it was able to find the card with the reader but it said no data available. Last night would be the first night it would have data, since I reset the data from the week before since I had so many "fits and starts" and didn't want to count that data (maybe that was dumb, I don't know). Do you think it's going to need more than one night of data to show on the card? I'm not very keen on these things. Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just thought about it and could it be that I used the APAP less than 4 hours last night? I had more "fits and starts" and maybe total time was not greater than 4 hours? (I still have to learn how to slay the insomnia monster at 1 a.m., when it appears.) Also, what does the AHI mean on the info screen--is that apneas it solved successfully, or unsuccessfully? When I checked it yesterday, the info screen said I had 3.2 for AHI. I can't believe this isn't explained in the manual, or am I missing something? Surely this doesn't mean the body is healing itself? My AHI at the sleep study 3 months ago was 26/hr. Thanks for any helpSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Targus that I bought at Sammy's place also.. it has caps on both ends. Just pull hard..straight out...they snap back on if your want to use the caps.. mine works perfectly. sd card goes in and put the usb end into a usb port on your computer..

I don;t have the exact same machine as you, (mine is a PR Sysytem one though) but normally the AHI info on your XPAP info area is a average of 7 & 30 days. If you have not used the machine for 7 days yet, it will just give you the hourly average for the days that you have used it.
AHI is the number of apneas (obstructive or central) per hour.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,022 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 332 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 716 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.