Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opening mouth with P10?
RE: Opening mouth with P10?
(04-10-2022, 03:43 PM)rogerncormier74 Wrote: How are the p10s updated? Do the straps look any different than they did before?

The earlier P10s used the split head strap separation to control the mask tension. The newer P10 design has an actual adjustable head strap.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh nice.  I had no idea.  And yes, I do have the split version.

I think I will try one of my Dreamwear full face tonight and see if it changes my numbers at all.
That would be a good indication on mouth leaking I imagine.

And Dave, no problem.  I have been learning a lot also.  A lot to take in, but great information.
I'm sure it will get easier with time Smile

Roger
Post Reply Post Reply
May I suggest that perhaps OP does not need a FFM??

I had a mouth leak that even FFMs would not stop. Plus they are not comfortable. It seems that my jaw falls open during the night due to muscles relaxing. I tried several FFMs and chin straps, all not acceptable. Finally I tried mouth taping, and that solved the problem. I use the 2" wide MedVance silicone tape made for the purpose and available at Ama***. It seals well and removes without taking a layer of skin along.

I am not saying that taping will work for everyone. But I am saying don't assume FFM is the only solution. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2022, 07:54 PM)clownbell Wrote: May I suggest that perhaps OP does not need a FFM??

I had a mouth leak that even FFMs would not stop. Plus they are not comfortable. It seems that my jaw falls open during the night due to muscles relaxing. I tried several FFMs and chin straps, all not acceptable. Finally I tried mouth taping, and that solved the problem. I use the 2" wide MedVance silicone tape made for the purpose and available at Ama***. It seals well and removes without taking a layer of skin along.

I am not saying that taping will work for everyone. But I am saying don't assume FFM is the only solution. Good luck.

I am definitely not hoping to go full face mask.  They didn't work for me last time I used my cpap before now.  2 years ago. Only recently started again.
I am going to try the full face for a test tonight to see the results I get, but the description you gave of yourself sounds very much like me.. And no FFM really worked well for me.
I'm really hoping I can get away with just using the non-full face masks.  Either through chin strap, taping or something else.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 41 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 388 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 320 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 812 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,171 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.