Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cartab’s therapy thread
RE: Aircurve 10 card to cloud with no “Easy Breathe”
Which AirCurve 10 model do you have?

EasyBreathe is how smoothly or quickly the CPAP machine switches from inhalation to exhalation pressure. Almost all ResMed machines implement "Easy Breathe" by default. If I recall correctly, you can turn that option off on an AirCurve 10 S machine (or S-mode on a VAuto). The resulting transition between inhalation and exhalation pressure is extremely abrupt. I tried it once and found it incredibly uncomfortable. I suppose there are some conditions for which it is helpful to turn EasyBreathe off, but I don't know what they are and am certainly happy I don't need to turn that feature off!

If you have a Card-to-Cloud machine, we would very much like to see data from the SD card to confirm that everything works properly with OSCAR. We have not yet seen the SD card contents from a card-to-cloud machine. If you could, please zip up the contents of your SD card (Help / Troubleshooting / Create zip of CPAP data) and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Title suggests you're using an AirCurve Card-to-cloud?

As far as I've seen, there is only the AirSense Card-to-cloud.  Apparently there is also a Card-to-Cloud AirCurve model.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Short answer; Easy Breathe option is only available on the "S" model or while in the "S" mode on a VAuto.   If you are in the VAuto mode, it is on by default and there isn't any option to turn it off.

Side Note:  I guess I have a Card-to-Cloud AirCurve10 now.  It has a 3G modem, so the only way the data would get to the cloud would be via the card.  Big Grin
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found several c to c brand new VAuto’s for sale when googled. Price ranges from $1600-2000 US. I’ve considered picking one up as compliance is not an issue for me, and I will be needing a replacement/backup machine. 

Need to be sure the c to c Aircurve Vauto does everything my current one does. Appreciate hearing about that if someone ends up with one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Elgeeone,
Thanks for that information. I just googled and found the same.

The OSCAR team is very interested in this as well. If anyone is using one of these Card-to-Cloud machines, see Guy's post above.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really believe the "Card-to-Cloud" a marketing ploy to say, "Hey! We can't supply a modem for this device, but we are going to charge you like it did." A lot of us had disconnected the onboard modem long ago. In fact, anyone that currently is using the older A10 with the 3G modem, affectively has a "Card-to-Cloud" CPAP. This is because the only way the data is going to reach the cloud, is by uploading it from the card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, for those that have to prove compliance, they now would have to bring their SD card to the Doctor or DME.

I personally wouldn't care if there was a modem or not!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is the card-to-cloud, but.. I couldn’t sleep with it. I couldn’t finish a whole inhalation because it was already exhalating.

I’ll post some data I recorded soon, but I couldn’t fall asleep with it due to the short breaths etc. I went back to my A11 until we figure out what settings I need.

Hold tight will post in am hour or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your default TiMax setting is set to an elapsed time that is too short. This value determines the maximum time the CPAP will stay at IPAP pressure before dropping to the EPAP pressure. I believe that the default is 2.8 seconds. Try setting it to 3.2 seconds.

Likewise, the TiMin setting is the minimum time before the IPAP pressure can drop to the EPAP setting. I think the default is .2 seconds. I have not seen an instance that this needs to be changed. Thinking-about Although, if your Flow Rate was presenting with constant flutter, meaning: crossing the zero line rapidly, (also, for lack of a better term) you might increase this to offer some resistance to this condition. . . . I'm getting off subject.

Try the 3.2 TiMax setting.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2022, 11:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Your default TiMax setting is set to an elapsed time that is too short.  This value determines the maximum time the CPAP will stay at IPAP pressure before dropping to the EPAP pressure.  I believe that the default is 2.8 seconds.  Try setting it to 3.2 seconds.

Likewise, the TiMin setting is the minimum time before the IPAP pressure can drop to the EPAP setting.  I think the default is .2 seconds.  I have not seen an instance that this needs to be changed.    Thinking-about Although, if your Flow Rate was presenting with constant flutter, meaning: crossing the zero line rapidly, (also, for lack of a better term) you might increase this to offer some resistance to this condition.   . . . I'm getting off subject.  

Try the 3.2 TiMax setting.
- Red

Thanks! I’ll try it soon. And actually that’s the main subject for me, because I was looking for the “easy breathe” mode to help with that. I though it would be the “auto mode” versus changing the Ti options. So very much on subject!

Also would it be helpful to look at my actual sleep data from the Airsense11 to see what settings should be? 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.