Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cartab’s therapy thread
RE: Terrible LOFTA Sleep Results
Some of your events may be from a large pressure change. Looking at your set pressures, I think I would set the EPAP to 8 and the IPAP max to 16. Leave the PS set at 4. Since a Resmed bases its pressure on flow limitations, this will reduce the pressure variance to within 4 cm and add insurance from a runaway pressure increase.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2022, 11:52 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Some of your events may be from a large pressure change.  Looking at your set pressures, I think I would set the EPAP to 8 and the IPAP max to 16. Leave the PS set at 4.  Since a Resmed bases its pressure on flow limitations, this will reduce the pressure variance to within 4 cm and add insurance from a runaway pressure increase.

- Red

Alright, here's last night screenshots, overall the settings felt great. I am feeling better overall, but the adjustment to xPAP has given me some insomnia. And I'm now working through that. But that aside, I think BIPAP is definitively better for me. It feels like natural breathing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello folks, as I get more and more used to therapy, falling asleep is getting better. Still having problems taking off mask in the middle of the night. But I can tell I sleep better with it on.

Here's last night's data. 

Would love suggestions to help improve results. Would be happy to share Oscar files.

Post Reply Post Reply
Update!

Major improvement. 

Last night I changed my machine mode to CPAP. Started with it set at 15, EPR of 3.

Then, later in the night I dropped pressure to 12, and EPR of 3. And the results speak for themselves!

I will keep this for a few more nights to see if I can replicate the results.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Moderators, can this thread be renamed to “Cartab’s therapy thread”? Since it’s evolved so much from the first post?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cartab’s therapy thread
Done! It will now appear as, Cartab’s therapy thread.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2022, 08:33 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Done!  It will now appear as, Cartab’s therapy thread.

Thanks Crimson! Quick question, any more feedback?
Post Reply Post Reply
Dropping to 12cm seems to have helped.   Your mask just doesn't seem to be a good fit for you.   Seeing it is a P10, have you replaced the pillows lately?  Usually, leakage is the first sign this model is wearing out.  I'm basing this off all the leaks displayed.  Are you married to this mask?  I'm hoping you are under an insurance program that allows you a new mask on a regular basis.  If so, start exploring other brands and styles.   You might consider an F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask.  If not, what other models or styles do you have in your inventory?

One final question(s); Are those the real hours that you sleep?  If not, what are they?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Dropping to 12cm seems to have helped.   Your mask just doesn't seem to be a good fit for you.   Seeing it is a P10, have you replaced the pillows lately?  Usually, leakage is the first sign this model is wearing out.  I'm basing this off all the leaks displayed.  Are you married to this mask?  I'm hoping you are under an insurance program that allows you a new mask on a regular basis.  If so, start exploring other brands and styles.   You might consider an F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask.  If not, what other models or styles do you have in your inventory?

One final question(s); Are those the real hours that you sleep?  If not, what are they?

- Red

That night I used the P30i, last night I did use the P10. And I am 100% open to trying other maps. Will give the F&P Brevida Nasal Pillow mask a look.

And about the hours, yes. Unfortunately, I have a 'Capap' triggered insomnia now...  Dont-know which has offset my hours late. I am working through it taking some OTC sleeping aids, trying to go to bed earlier, forcing myself to wake up earlier. Last night was tough because we had family over for the holiday and was late. But, this will will all be about sleep consistency. Hopefully better AHI's too. 

Last night:

Date: 06-04-2022
AHI: 3.13

Notes: Here's last night screenshot, a bit worse than yesterday. And worse of all my fitness tracker also detected wake events, at about 3.1 per hour, and only 25min on REM. So I'm not feeling rested. I wonder if its the sleep aid affecting the REMs, or if its the Apnea.

What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Dropping to 12cm seems to have helped.   Your mask just doesn't seem to be a good fit for you.   Seeing it is a P10, have you replaced the pillows lately?  Usually, leakage is the first sign this model is wearing out.  I'm basing this off all the leaks displayed.  Are you married to this mask?  I'm hoping you are under an insurance program that allows you a new mask on a regular basis.  If so, start exploring other brands and styles.   You might consider an F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask.  If not, what other models or styles do you have in your inventory?

- Red

Question, how do we know I am not mouth breathing and that is causing the leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 247 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,257 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,330 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.