Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Caution for DreamStation users
RE: Caution for DreamStation users
Mold spores are found virtually everywhere, including in the air, soil, and on plant surfaces. We all inhale spores daily and it is impossible to completely eliminate them in the home. The only filters that will assure the removal of spores are HEPA filters and sterilizing membrane filters. Other filters will reduce the numbers but not prevent the passage of some. Even HEPA air filtration will not prevent the entry of spores into a home. Some will enter every time an outside door is opened. They will be carried in on clothing and just about anything brought into the home. It would be a serious mistake to assume a mold problem in the walls because mold growth is seen in the humidifier tank.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Caution for DreamStation users
(09-01-2018, 05:31 AM)crowtor Wrote:  If you have mold in your tank after just weeks I'm pretty sure you have mold in your walls.

It was after a year and a half.  I've used my machine in *many* (dozens of) different locations throughout the country, both indoors and outdoors.  So I don't think anything can be accurately concluded about the walls of my home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,682 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,318 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 590 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,818 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,798 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Smile An AWARD for FFM users with 0% leaks sleepyzzz 9 960 07-21-2023, 01:33 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  BMC CPAP Machine - Any users? aktmdn 7 934 07-18-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.