Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Odd Machine Behavior - ResMed AS10 AutoSet
Odd Machine Behavior - ResMed AS10 AutoSet
Greetings,

After perusing the last few days worth of OSCAR data, I noticed this data.  I have attached a screenshot below.

What I know/see:
  • This is the first time seeing this since I received my new ResMed AirSence 10 AutoSet in December of 2021 and reviewing OSCAR data from day 1.
  • The "Mask Pressure" channel does not appear to reflect the ramp down as displayed in the "Pressure" channel.
  • A bathroom visit at 03:11 AM seems to have "reset" the "Pressure" channel.
  • I find it interesting that the x axis intercept of the "Pressure" channel corresponds exactly with my bathroom break (machine turn off).
  • I did not see the same behavior in last night's data.
Has anyone seen similar behavior?  Is this perhaps a precursor toward some kind of machine failure?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Mikey

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Odd Machine Behavior - ResMed AS10 AutoSet
Mask pressure graph is correct, Oscar seems to have made some sort of mistake displaying the pressure graph (missing data points so just drew a straight line to shutoff time). I wouldn't worry about it especially since it seems to have only happened once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1,

Thanks! Glad to hear it is just an anomaly.

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1 is correct. There is an issue with the display when the final data point is missing, or if the pressure drops to zero (because you removed the mask while the machine is running, for example - but I don't see a jump in the leak rate here).
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 490 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 95 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,363 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.