Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
RE: Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
Hi. Wondered if progress in reading data from Dreamstation 2 in OSCAR. Is there anything I can do to help?
Post Reply Post Reply
My first Dreamstation 2 advanced was having issues with bluetooth connection to Dreammapper app and the touchscreen would become unresponsive after a few minutes, requiring me to unplug the machine and plug it back in to get the touchscreen working. With that said, I got a new replacement DS2 advanced machine with new serial # and I also have more data on my sd card. I uploaded it to the dropbox. Hopefully that will be of some help. The new machine seems to be working fine so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
My vendor updated the firmware on my machine and it is connecting to Dreammapper software just fine. I have been using my machine for a month with 100 percent compliance and can't imagine trying to sleep without it now. I am pleased with how quiet and responsive it is.

Even so, I am a data geek and would love to be able to see results in OSCAR>
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2021, 11:49 AM)gregg4376 Wrote: My first Dreamstation 2 advanced was having issues with bluetooth connection to Dreammapper app and the touchscreen would become unresponsive after a few minutes, requiring me to unplug the machine and plug it back in to get the touchscreen working. With that said, I got a new replacement DS2 advanced machine with new serial # and I also have more data on my sd card. I uploaded it to the dropbox. Hopefully that will be of some help. The new machine seems to be working fine so far.

"touchscreen would become unresponsive after a few minutes, requiring me to unplug the machine and plug it back in to get the touchscreen working."  This happens to me too. Is this a valid reason to return the DS2? 
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
We must try to abandon it in our hearts before it abandons us.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2021, 02:48 PM)Ponydriver Wrote: My vendor updated the firmware on my machine and it is connecting to Dreammapper software just fine.  I have been using my machine for a month with 100 percent compliance and can't imagine trying to sleep without it now.  I am pleased with how quiet and responsive it is.

Even so,  I am a data geek and would love to be able to see results in OSCAR>

What is your firmware version?
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes return it for a replacement DS2 or a different brand/model if it is not performing as it should.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2021, 09:50 AM)gregg4376 Wrote: Yes return it for a replacement DS2 or a different brand/model if it is not performing as it should.
understood thanks
SIXTH REMEDY 
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cautionary tale Dream Station 2 data
Same issue here. Says data format is not recognized. Very frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve7833 - If you are referring to OSCAR, the particular version that can read a DS2's data is currently in alpha testing.  If you would like to become a tester, send a PM to Gideon requesting admittance into the test group.

PM Link
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 730 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 854 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,772 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.