Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
I was issued a Dream Station 2 10 days ago.  My sleep study showed that I had 87 events per hour (severe sleep apnea).  I am motivated. 

I have no complaints with the machine itself. I like how quiet and portable it is. It does a fine job with humidification. What has come as a surprise to me is the learning curve and variety of adjustments necessary for successful compliance. 

Lesson 1 was that I can't expect my Sleep Study Doctor to carefully monitor and coach me through this.  And the thought of the CPAP Vendor doing so is laughable.  

So armed with the data generated from the Dream Station 2, I installed the Dream Mapper Software on my Iphone and Windows Computer to review my response to the CPAP.  

The  Dream Mapper is so buggy that I have not yet seen any data transmitted. When I use the card reader app, it says my data is corrupted - although the CPAP Vendor was able to pull data from it.

I was pleased to find this helpful forum and downloaded Oscar. Oscar doesn't see this data either.  

So now, all I can get (unless I go to the CPAP Vendor and politely request that he download my data) is length of time using the machine and number of AHI - which is down to 10 to 19 but I feel could be improved.

This is kind of a cautionary tale to others who might be considering the Dream Station 2.  My CPAP vendor says Philips is working on a bios update to the Dream Station 2 but I haven't seen it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
If you are saying your AHI is 10 to 19, then that is too high.  Unfortunately, for now... the DS 2 is not yet supported by OSCAR, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

With that said, can you ask your vendor to give you the breakdown of your AHI... Obstructives, Hypopneas, and Clear Airway events?  Also, what is the average or 95% pressure reading.  
They should be able to at least give you that.   Oh-jeez

Or if you have a copy of your sleep study, post it here.  We can then better advise you.

What I would suggest until you have more information is to set your minimum pressure to no less than 7cm with a maximum of 12cm.  If you can do that, use for a couple days and let us know if there's any change in AHI.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion is to take the dreamstation back and get a ResMed S10 autoset.  It is totally compatible with oscar and many, many people here think it is a great machine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Ponydriver, if you will please zip the contents of your SD card with data from your Dreamstation 2, and upload it to this dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b  the OSCAR development team will look into adding the DS2 support to Oscar.  Your data will be kept confidential and anonymized for software development. Your help in providing data from the new machine is very appreciated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ponydriver, we also need to know the serial and model numbers for your Dreamstation. If you want to keep them private, just send them to me in a PM.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I also have a dreamstation2 advanced and it did connect to dream mapper for the first week but now it disconnects every time during data transfers. I can see if I can pull my data if you need to add the dreamstation 2 advanced to Oscar as well? Just let me know if you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a while.  Can you walk me through how to zip the contents of the sd card?  
Thanks.  I will be happy to help out here
Post Reply Post Reply
While in OSCAR, got to Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2021, 05:21 AM)gregg4376 Wrote: Sleeprider, I also have a dreamstation2 advanced and it did connect to dream mapper for the first week but now it disconnects every time during data transfers. I can see if I can pull my data if you need to add the dreamstation 2 advanced to Oscar as well? Just let me know if you need it.

Yes please, and we will need your model and serial number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ponydriver,
What you loaded was a bunch of individual files, We really need a zip of the entire directory as that preserves structure.
Can you make a zip of the entire SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 77 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,004 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 551 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 461 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 762 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 779 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 886 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.