Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
RE: Cautionary tale Dream Station 2
UPdate

I asked the Cpap vendor to exchange the DreamStation 2 for a ResMed unit because I thought that lacking the ability to review data was a defect that I wanted to correct. 

He said he would do it but I needed to pay $275.  

I think that is too much.  The machine itself is wonderful.

Update 2: Thanks for your response.  I don't see any way that I can change the pressure settings on the Dream Station 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 11:21 AM)Ponydriver Wrote: UPdate

I asked the Cpap vendor to exchange the DreamStation 2 for a ResMed unit because I thought that lacking the ability to review data was a defect that I wanted to correct. 

Update 2:  Thanks for your response.  I don't see any way that I can change the pressure settings on the Dream Station 2.

If you need to change the pressure settings, I can help, just shoot me a message.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2021, 12:01 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Ponydriver, we also need to know the serial and model numbers for your Dreamstation. If you want to keep them private, just send them to me in a PM.

Guy hi

I have 2 DS2s. I used one. I did not fully understand. My father is using it now. i am also using s9. I follow my data comfortably on S9. 2. I did not open the DS2 package. If I can follow with Oscar, I will either open the package or sell the DS2 and wait for AS11.
I need DS2 support from Oscar to make a healthy decision.

1- When is Oscar available for DS2 presumably?
2- What can we do to speed up the process and how can we help?
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
We must try to abandon it in our hearts before it abandons us.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
1. We're working on DS2 support, but I cannot give you an estimate on how long it will be before OSCAR supports the DS2. Philips has encoded or encrypted in a form that we have not yet figured out.

2. Sample data (zipped SD cards) from more machines would be helpful. A cryptoanalyst might be helpful!

If I had your choice to make and using OSCAR was a prime consideration, I would return the DS2 and get a ResMed Airsense 10.

We have not seen data from an AirSense 11 yet and don't know what difficulties we might encounter in supporting that machine on OSCAR or how long it might take to work through any problems. So if you get an 11, you might end up with a machine that OSCAR does not support immediately.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 12:44 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: 1. We're working on DS2 support, but I cannot give you an estimate on how long it will be before OSCAR supports the DS2. Philips has encoded or encrypted in a form that we have not yet figured out.

2. Sample data (zipped SD cards) from more machines would be helpful. A cryptoanalyst might be helpful!

If I had your choice to make and using OSCAR was a prime consideration, I would return the DS2 and get a ResMed Airsense 10.

We have not seen data from an AirSense 11 yet and don't know what difficulties we might encounter in supporting that machine on OSCAR or how long it might take to work through any problems. So if you get an 11, you might end up with a machine that OSCAR does not support immediately.

I understand. Thank you for your attention.

If I know that AS11's algorithm and sensors are better than DS2, I would get A11 and I think it would be okay for OSCAR to support A11 late. That's why I wanted to know a little bit about DS2.

I will ask my computer engineer friends about the crypto business, maybe they can help or refer to a cryptoanalyst.

Can we open a fixed topic under important issues in the software section of the forum for sample compressed sd cards?
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
In a word no. We cannot render the data on the DS2 non traceable so no way no how. And it is against our policy, out of an abundance of caution to make that info public anyway. SD data is strictly reserved for the OSCAR team.

If someone want to join and help us PM me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 03:07 PM)Gideon Wrote: In a word no.  We cannot render the data on the DS2 non traceable so no way no how.  And it is against our policy, out of an abundance of caution to make that info public anyway.  SD data is strictly reserved for the OSCAR team.

If someone want to join and help us PM me.

What I meant was this:
I'll fix a topic on the important threads of the software section of the forum. for example a titled topic like this:

Oscar Data (Sdcardzip) Support for Dreamstation 2

Get the topic closed. Just get the description and dropbox link in it.

Oscar developers are already telling this meaning to DS2 owners they see. We'll be collecting what they do normally under the topic just to get attention and speed.
SIXTH REMEDY 
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
A how to post, or a wiki article. That we could do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 05:43 PM)Gideon Wrote: A how to post, or a wiki article. That we could do.

You are the master. You know better. I just imagined it as a conspicuous topic under the software section and I thought DS2 owners could easily see and support
SIXTH REMEDY 
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 11:21 AM)Ponydriver Wrote: I asked the Cpap vendor to exchange the DreamStation 2 for a ResMed unit because I thought that lacking the ability to review data was a defect that I wanted to correct. 

You could just hand your machine back to him, and tell him you'd like to cancel your rental.

I've done that.  Easy peasy.  It's a great way to be DONE with a crappy DME, and to not be stuck with a machine you don't want.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 74 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,000 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 551 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 460 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 758 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 777 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 883 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.