Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cellular 4G to 5G transition: can replace modem in AirSense 10?
Cellular 4G to 5G transition: can replace modem in AirSense 10?
If this has been answered in another thread, please direct me to it.

I have an AirSense 10 Autoset.

In the setup menu, it lists my (cellular) network provider as T-Mobile, with 4G service.

T-Mobile says 4G (or at least LTE) has already been "retired".

But based on myair.resmed.com, it still working, because it has last night's data.

But I assume it soon won't work, when T-Mobile drops 4G.

Will that just mean the modem needs to be replaced, in order to continue to do automatic reporting back to ResMed, which makes dealing with my insurance-paid DME easier?

I can ask my DME provider and insurance company if a replacement modem would be paid for, but first I need to know whether it is possible.

I apologize for this basic question.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cellular 4G to 5G transition: can replace modem in AirSense 10?
According to T-Mobile website, only the Sprint 4G was retired.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have LTE on US Mobil and it’s not retired.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to the OP's question: Can the radio be replaced?

My 2014 AirSense 10 has a CDMA radio and nobody has volunteered to replace it...

To the best of my knowledge, the 5G cell service has not been rolled out widely enough to warrant putting 5G radios in CPAP machines, and it will bee many years before 4G service is turned off.

The AirSense 11 models all come with a 4G radio, and some new AirSense 10s have no radio at all.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Short answer.... NO.

ResMed's latest machine is the AirSense 11.  But due to the microchip shortage they have pretty well halted distributing them.  Many users are currently getting an AirSense 10 (AutoSet) or AirCurve 10 series Card-to-cloud which is an AirSense 10 (or AirCurve 10 respectively) series without the cellular modem.

You can always use OSCAR to view your machines data.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How gets the card into the cloud without any modem? Is it using wi-fi?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2022, 02:24 PM)harre Wrote: How gets the card into the cloud without any modem? Is it using wi-fi?

No.  Card-to-Cloud (C2C) is a clever name the marketing department must have come up with and is misleading.  The ResMed documentation says that the patient must bring the Card to the Dr. or DME who will then upload the data into the Cloud using their clinical software.

It may be a step backwards, but at least they are getting machines distributed to those that need them.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does not use wifi. If you have a 4G or LTE modem, it transmits data over the cellular network. If you have a CDMA or 3G modem, it is obsolete and doesn't transmit data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the CAM(cellula access module) can be replaced?
Yes, you need to contact ResMed or any authorized service center.
Is there a 5G CAM for AirSence 10?
Not sure, at least I can't find it in components list
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 92 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,176 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,211 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,973 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 304 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 267 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.