Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apnea
Central Apnea
My first night Resmed S9 Autoset reports 1.1 central Apneas Total AHI 1.2

I have not had a single central Apnea in about 7 years use of my older Respironic M series auto. I read somewhere in the forum where someone had spoken of false Central Apneas. what is the story on this

thanks
Apapuser
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apnea
Hi Apapuser,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 02:47 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Apapuser,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and best of luck to you with your new machine.

Thank you for the welcome and best wishes
Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 02:18 PM)Apapuser Wrote: I have not had a single central Apnea in about 7 years use of my older Respironic M series auto.
Central apnea detection was not available back then with Respironcis M series or Resmed S8 machines

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 02:18 PM)Apapuser Wrote: My first night Resmed S9 Autoset reports 1.1 central Apneas Total AHI 1.2

I have not had a single central Apnea in about 7 years use of my older Respironic M series auto. I read somewhere in the forum where someone had spoken of false Central Apneas. what is the story on this

thanks
Apapuser

I would suggest looking at your data and see if the central is when you have awakened, etc. It isn't uncommon to have them for a variety of reasons. You are adjusting to a new machine as well. Your central number last night wasn't very high and I would just watch your data for a few weeks without making any changes to your current machine settings and if the number increases to a lot more or you see something else to cause you concern, I would call your doctor and see what they say. hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 03:48 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 02:18 PM)Apapuser Wrote: I have not had a single central Apnea in about 7 years use of my older Respironic M series auto.
Central apnea detection was not available back then with Respironcis M series or Resmed S8 machines

Really ? Maybe I was thinking of my baseline study which definitely shows 0 central apneas and I was surprised to see them showup on my first ResScan report

Thanks
Apapuser

(01-09-2014, 03:58 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 02:18 PM)Apapuser Wrote: My first night Resmed S9 Autoset reports 1.1 central Apneas Total AHI 1.2

thanks
Apapuser

I would suggest looking at your data and see if the central is when you have awakened, etc. It isn't uncommon to have them for a variety of reasons. You are adjusting to a new machine as well. Your central number last night wasn't very high and I would just watch your data for a few weeks without making any changes to your current machine settings and if the number increases to a lot more or you see something else to cause you concern, I would call your doctor and see what they say. hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply. Not sure I know how to do what you are referring to. New to both the machine and the software

Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2014, 04:08 PM)Apapuser Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 03:48 PM)zonk Wrote:

Really ? Maybe I was thinking of my baseline study which definitely shows 0 central apneas and I was surprised to see them showup on my first ResScan report

Thanks
Apapuser

(01-09-2014, 03:58 PM)me50 Wrote:

thanks
Apapuser

Thank you for the reply. Not sure I know how to do what you are referring to. New to both the machine and the software

Apapuser

If you download SH, under the events tab, it shows the events and what type of event each were and I believe what time the even happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
[I would suggest looking at your data and see if the central is when you have awakened, etc. It isn't uncommon to have them for a variety of reasons. You are adjusting to a new machine as well. Your central number last night wasn't very high and I would just watch your data for a few weeks without making any changes to your current machine settings and if the number increases to a lot more or you see something else to cause you concern, I would call your doctor and see what they say. hope this helps.
[/quote]

Apapuser
[/quote]

If you download SH, under the events tab, it shows the events and what type of event each were and I believe what time the even happened.
[/quote]

Was a busy boy last night. Got into the ResScan software configuring it and playing with it. I am really liking it. Setup to see all available data including high resolution detail data. I had 2 central apneas last night ,one obstructive apnea and one hypopnea. I looked at my flow and flow limitation, Leaks, snores etc. Once again I am really liking this ResScan software

I did experience one problem however. I wound up creating a duplicate patient record and not sure how to delete the duplicate. Thinking about it I think I can delete from Laptop while SD card is in reader once I find the duplicate file. Is that correct ?

Thanks
Apapuser
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2014, 08:23 AM)Apapuser Wrote: [I would suggest looking at your data and see if the central is when you have awakened, etc. It isn't uncommon to have them for a variety of reasons. You are adjusting to a new machine as well. Your central number last night wasn't very high and I would just watch your data for a few weeks without making any changes to your current machine settings and if the number increases to a lot more or you see something else to cause you concern, I would call your doctor and see what they say. hope this helps.

Apapuser
[/quote]

[/quote]

Was a busy boy last night. Got into the ResScan software configuring it and playing with it. I am really liking it. Setup to see all available data including high resolution detail data. I had 2 central apneas last night ,one obstructive apnea and one hypopnea. I looked at my flow and flow limitation, Leaks, snores etc. Once again I am really liking this ResScan software

I did experience one problem however. I wound up creating a duplicate patient record and not sure how to delete the duplicate

Thanks
Apapuser
[/quote]

tools
patient manager
select name you want to delete
delete patient

if you like Rescan, you will definitely like Sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did experience one problem however. I wound up creating a duplicate patient record and not sure how to delete the duplicate

Thanks
Apapuser
[/quote]

tools
patient manager
select name you want to delete
delete patient

if you like Rescan, you will definitely like Sleepyhead
[/quote]

Oh don't know why I did not see this before. Thanks once again

Apapuser

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 558 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 858 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.