Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apnea - What's normal?
(12-29-2013, 06:12 AM)physicsstudent13 Wrote: I think the asv is the only thing that helps my centrals and klonopin. is there any chance losing weight would reduce centrals?

Hopefully your doctor has explained the causes of central apnea. If not, make an appointment with your doctor and ask questions.

If it were me, medication would be my last choice for treatment and ONLY IF all treatment fails and legitimately fails. For most, CPAP therapy works. Since we don't know your medical history and medications your doctor(s) have prescribed, you need to talk with your doctor who knows your medical history. Most of us aren't doctors and even if we were, we don't know your medical history and cannot prescribe treatment for you or anyone else. We can only talk about our apnea and what we experience and what has worked for us with NO guarantees that it will work for you or others.
Post Reply Post Reply
the cpap didn't work at all for me and bipap didn't work either, the constant 18/14cm was not effective.
has anyone else had effective treatment of centrals with klonopin and gabapentin? I think maybe gabapentin will help a little more, mainly klonopin helps a lot with the asv
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Normal or NOT my report numbers I am at a lost Lise C Gervais 17 478 12-12-2017, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Shin Ryoku
  [split] Weinmann SOMNObalance suitable for central apnea? dark 22 775 12-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: TBMx
  New Guy, Central Sleep Apnea, wrong machine? Boodmaster 28 908 11-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Random clusters of Central apneas drgrimes 2 164 11-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Breathing During Sleep in Normal Middle-Aged Subjects Shin Ryoku 10 419 11-16-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Timur
Question New user, are centrals normal in the beginning? and other Q's FunkOdyssey 10 330 11-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  What affects the central apneas ? schuss 18 1,076 11-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Last Post: E.W.