Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas
Central Apneas
Good afternoon... This past month my central apneas have been increasing.  Last night I got frustrated and gave up so I am providing pictures from SleepyHead from yesterday.  I am thinking that I am awake when these CA clusters happen.  I actually feel great - wide awake!  Tonight I am going to turn off my EPR to see if that helps.  Any insight will be appreciated - Thanks in advance. Glen

{see below for attachments}
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apneas
Good afternoon... This past month my central apneas have been increasing.  Last night I got frustrated and gave up so I am providing pictures from SleepyHead from as attachments
.docx   Central Apneas.docx (Size: 522.15 KB / Downloads: 24)
.docx   Central Apneas.docx (Size: 522.15 KB / Downloads: 24) .  I am thinking that I am awake when these CA clusters happen.  I actually feel great - wide awake!  Tonight I am going to turn off my EPR to see if that helps.  Any insight will be appreciated - Thanks in advance. Glen

Sorry about the first post - I thought that the images would transfer.
Post Reply Post Reply
To create images in Sleepyhead, please read the tutorial in my signature on organizing and posting your charts. Sleepyhead will create a .png screenshot for you when you press F12, and save it in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profile/Screenshots. Using a word document is kind of a kludge.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.  I will do that.  I tried to post screen shots and it just turned into code and that is why I used word. I appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think you are awake or transitioning to a wakeful state the CA events may not be consequential, and of course would not be counted in a study with an EEG. The first session did not have any events, when pressure stayed near the minimum. As pressure and EPR increased, there are just a lot of CA events. Your current settings seem to be 5-20 with EPR 3. If the graph I saw was typical, I would just turn off EPR or set it to 1, and limit max pressure to 8.0. Give the lower pressure and lower EPR a try and we can probably make a better decision based on what we see from that trial.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Attached is a daily chart and Monthly stats.  Thanks again any insight would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I try your suggestions tonight.  I intend to become a more active member of this forum.  The tips under your account are amazing.  I have not read them all but intend to. CPAP has changed my life and if I can help give back all the better.  All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, nicely done on the chart! With regard to leaks, do you feel that is a mask leak, or is your mouth opening?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! - Last night - Central Apnea 3.0 average - Total AI 3.0 - AHI - 4.5. 
Not sure if the leaks are open mouth or not.  I am thinking my problem was the EPR.  I used to use a head band to keep my mouth closed but thought that I had trained myself to keep it closed. My leak was 19.3L/min last night. I will start using the headband again.
Post Reply Post Reply
A mouth leak tastes very dry when you awaken briefly.  Someone has wiped the inside of your open mouth with a new paper towel, and done a darned good job of it.

I could be wrong, but based on my own short experience, it is unlikely that you have trained yourself to sleep with your mouth closed if you have relied rather heavily on a device to keep it closed. 

The machine indicates substantial leakage in the first pair of images you posted earlier.  Maybe you knocked your mask askew, maybe you did open your mouth....but you should know if you opened your mouth for any length of time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 553 22 minutes ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,516 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.