Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas
RE: Central Apneas
Yes - agree with you all.

Here's a report with a fixed pressure of 6 with no EPR (as conducted in my sleep study, where I scored zero CA). I couldn't handle the settings with no EPR... but noticed way less CAs, but high number of RERAs, and leaks. 

Surprisingly I did wake with more energy than when I register many many CAs..

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I've found the sweet point where I keep OA to a minimum while not triggering CAs. The settings are: CPAP Mode at Pressure 7, EPR 2. After testing different pressures, APAP mode, EPR on and off, 1, 2, 3, this has allowed me to sleep better and achieve AHI of 3 or less that I have never achieved in the last 4 months!

The cluster of CAs is not real apneas, I was awake after noticing I took my mask off for whatever reason.

Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to see the improvement. With CA events it will take some time to establish a trend.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Watch for the trait that CA always have, consistently inconsistent. You might think you've got the CA figured out. If you actually do, then that's great. But they may tell you otherwise with a day or so more time to build a trend.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,512 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.