Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

More tired lately
More tired lately
Hi, I'm hoping for a little bit of help with adjustments I can make to my machine to improve results. 31 year old guy, 6'1 230lbs. Been using this Airsense 10 Autoset since 2015 and it was my first machine. Haven't been in contact with sleep doctor since 2016. I unfortunately don't have a copy of my sleep study. I used to have a lot of trouble with mask leakage until I switched from resmed airfit P10 to the P30i about a year ago.
For the last couple months I've been waking up more tired than usual.

I've attached the last 3 days of oscar logs. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: More tired lately
Hey
I am no expert. Here is what I see. I see a-lot of centrals. Do you know if you were Diagnosed with Central apnea and Obstructive apnea?

You could try turning down the EPR to 2 and see if they go down.
Also the general thought on Min Pressure is it should start around 8 or 9.

Can you tell us more of your history? Other things changed lately?

Go ahead and post more OSCAR details as well? I am sure others will comment.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I'm actually not sure if the diagnosis was for central or obstructive unfortunately. Coincidentally, I did try turning EPR from 3 down to 2 earlier this week. I've attached the last 3 days. 
I think it looks a little better? The exhale pressure change was pretty noticeable at first but I think I actually prefer it. I'll try changing the min pressure from 7 to 8 and see how it changes things.

History-wise, I have probably put on 20lbs due to these covid times... I'll work on it haha.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 01:44 PM)caroak Wrote: I'm actually not sure if the diagnosis was for central or obstructive unfortunately. 

It won't let me edit, but I remember now that my diagnosis was specifically for obstructive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I ask because when we put on more weight sometimes we need more pressure. Yes the 20th and 21st look better. How do you feel?

set Min to 8 as discussed.
Max to 12. You almost hit 11 we want some room if needed
Keep epr at 2 for now.

Look this over and see if any of these you need to do. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_tips

Have you always used your machine or had you taken some time off?

Do you work indoors or outdoors? I know it seems like a weird question but it very important.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Still feeling more tired than usual, yep. I've just now set min to 8 and max to 12. 
I've always used the machine every night. I never take it off part way through or anything. I work indoors, from my home office. Definitely less active than I was pre-covid. No doubt it probably has something to do with it haha. I'm hoping for that to change in the next few months.
I'll come back next week with some updated charts. 
Thanks a bunch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 180 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 136 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.