Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas Increase After Changing to Newer BiPAP
RE: Central Apneas Increase After Changing to Newer BiPAP
Copy. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so these are a couple of pictures after the OSCAR update.          
" I hate and I love, and I don't know why" !
Post Reply Post Reply
The event rates are similar to the beta version. We can see that the best results were achieved with a pressure support of 5.0 at 6.4-17 pressure. Therapy is historically fragmented into many sessions. I think it is best to focus on dialing back the pressure support to 4 or 5 and we can go from there. Why is therapy so fragmented? Many mask removals and sleep sessions at various times of day and night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider nailed it. See the change in settings, then bam, CA goes significantly up.
Post Reply Post Reply
A case of PS putting CO2 flushing into overdrive then Centrals jump.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
She claims to have set the PS to 4, but it's still showing 8. I'm not familiar with the AirCurve menus, but is there a step to save the settings when done?

Also, she is having problems changing the date and time on the new machine. She gets a message that the date cannot be set in the past. Could this just be the difference in the time where she is, and the setting she is trying to change?

She will be posting an updated OSCAR chart shortly. There's a 9.5 hour difference in time zones from EST to India so I don't know exactly when it will show.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
There isn't a "Save" feature. Any parameter modified is written to the system as you exit the parameter. So my last sentence will make sense, here are the steps. You will scroll to and highlight the option you wish to change. You then press the big knob to enter the "edit" mode. Make the desired change and then press the big knob again to exit. At that point the edit is written to the system.

The reason she is unable to change the time is based on the VAuto having sleep data for the new time. After saving the current data on the SD card, reformat it and the AirCurve will allow you to change the time. Just make sure that the AC10 isn't used prior to setting the new time/date.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also in pressure settings, once in clinical mode via pushing Home and Dial in together for 5 seconds, scroll down to whichever item needs edited, click Dial to enter the edit function, turn Dial to edit up or down, then click Dial again to exit the edit and also that locks that edit in place. Then you can click Home to go to the top of clinical and click exit.
Post Reply Post Reply
[split] Central Apneas Tanayaray4
this is today, after changing the pressure support

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

" I hate and I love, and I don't know why" !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Central Apneas Tanayaray4
(05-01-2021, 05:35 AM)tanayaray4 Wrote:
this is today, after changing the pressure support

Tanayaray4, as I understand it, you are the individual upsman has been posting for.  Welcome to Apnea Board.   Your most recent results seem to have exposed a high rate of central apnea. We can't be certain that it was not present with your old machine, but it sure looks like two different people.  Anyway, the problem is there now.  A Vauto is not capable of treating  central apnea. The appropriate machine for that is ASV.

Looking at your most recent results, you have revised your settings from 8.8 cm of pressure support down to 4 cm. This has had the desired effect of reducing your incidence of CA events from over 21 over 60% to just over 7 per hour. It appears we are on the right track. Your current settings are EPAP min 6.0, IPAP max 18.0 and PS 4.0. I can't tell if you have also changed the trigger sensitivity setting to high, but we want to see that happen. It appears you need somewhat higher minimum pressure, and the only additional change we need to try at this time is to further reduce the PS setting to 3.0. Other than the central apnea events, your respiration statistics look very good. Let's move the EPAP min setting to 8.0 and your PS to 3.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=31882]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 591 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 4 84 5 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,520 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,400 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.