Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas Increase After Changing to Newer BiPAP
RE: Central Apneas Increase After Changing to Newer BiPAP
There seems to be something wrong! The day befor yesterday I erased the data and reset the machine to the correct local time. Last night I slept in two sessions : approx 4 am-5.55 am (woke up from the sound of a phone call, so that can't be wrong) , and then again probably 7/7.30 am - 11.30 am. 

After purging the data in oscar for the last 3 days' and then reimporting the data, it still shows something wrong!  I don't understand !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

" I hate and I love, and I don't know why" !
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, the humidifier and temp are at auto. I still woke up with a dry mouth. the auto is: temp:27 deg C ; and humidity level:4. what to change in that? and is the further decrease in pressure needed or should I go with 4 another day? and please help me sort out the incompatibility btn the times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprisingly, the old sleepyhead seems to extract the time more reliably!
 here are the screenshots (outdated sleepyhead). what am I missing in OSCAR?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your Daily screenshots are from 2 different days, May 1st (SleepyHead) and May 2nd (OSCAR).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Either way, your AHI is below 2 now. I think it might be a good idea to keep these settings a while and let it settle in. For humidity settings, try manual climate control at a setting of 4 and temperature 80 F or 27 C. Although this sounds the same, the manual settings deliver more moisture. I you need more, then set to 5.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay.. so same climate setting in auto and manual differ? 
also, there is some counting difference.. in both software, I uploaded the last day record. which should be the same. my aircurve is now properly set at local time. I don't understand why the time and date has a large phase shift in OSCAR. ANy suggestions on that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to File/Preferences in the Oscar menu and look at the CPAP tab. Is there a clock drift setting? If so, that may be the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Manual humidity felt like it gave more moisture to me so that's what I've stuck with in the past. I also went manual on the temperature.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
            The clock drift is zero in OSCAR . here is last night's record. sleepyhead seems more reliable in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
    screenshots.        
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,514 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.