Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to know I'm getting humidification??
How to know I'm getting humidification??
Hi all!!!
I'm back with another question... I have the H5i humidifier that attaches to my machine. I was wondering why does it seem as though the humidifier isn't working? Every morning I swear it seems like the same amount of water is in there from night before. I searched on Google "how to know if my h5i is working" & learned how to activate warm up mode which seems to be working cause the plate did get hot. Now do I need to warm up the humidifier before using it to get it to work? Or is there something else I can do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to know I'm getting humidification??
(04-11-2014, 10:05 PM)mstiff027 Wrote: Now do I need to warm up the humidifier before using it to get it to work? Or is there something else I can do?
No but the warm-up mode pre-heat the water before starting treatment so you breathe warm air straightaway as soon as start the machine

Water use varies from one person to the next, temperature and actual room humidity

I use the climate line (heated hose) set on auto mode, on auto mode select temp to preference and protects against rainout

Better way to tell if the humidifier is working if you are not experiencing nasal symptoms. Everyone is different some need more, some need less while some need none

Post Reply Post Reply
Mstiffo27, you can use the warm up function on the Autoset and should feel that the water is warm, but basically the room humidity will deer mine how much water you use. If your room humidity and CPAP humidity are fairly similar you will use less water possible none. If you are feel ok and you figures are good, try not to worry about how much water you use, sometimes we over think these things, just try to relax. Also from memory the colour of the light change on the humidifier when it has warmed I think from orange to blue or vica versa, hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='zonk' pid='65701' dateline='1397274545']
I use the climate line (heated hose) set on auto mode, on auto mode select temp to preference and protects against rainout

Zonk, thanks for ur response. I have a climate line also & I feel as though the hose doesn't get warm either (especially with the temp @ 80) Maybe my machine works fine cause I'm not experiencing dryness. I hate though that I'm wasting so much distilled water cause it's not free. Just making sure the device is working correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply
At these temperatures it is doubtful you can FEEL the difference in a warm hose.

My S9 with climateline is set on 82 degrees.

At first, I sometimes ran it over my neck, which is a pretty sensitive area, and yet never felt any heat. Then for a bit, I would run it under my arm and over the rib cage so it was 'trapped' -- still didn't feel any noticeable heat.

82 is so much lower than body temperature that it isn't likely you will "feel" is (much.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
If your waking up with a dry mouth and/or dry nasal passages either it isn't working or you need to put it to manual mode and experiment with the settings. Me personally I like humidity set at 5.5
And tube heat at 82 degrees, that's what works for me but experiment and see what's best for you. Auto mode maintains 80% humidity for reference from the book.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2014, 09:44 AM)brianwood619 Wrote: If your waking up with a dry mouth and/or dry nasal passages either it isn't working or you need to put it to manual mode and experiment with the settings. Me personally I like humidity set at 5.5
And tube heat at 82 degrees, that's what works for me but experiment and see what's best for you. Auto mode maintains 80% humidity for reference from the book.

Is the ResMed s9 humidifier operated Manual only mode (without heated hose) or Auto only mode (with heated hose)? I guess a better question is, Can the s9 humidifier auto mode 80% humidity be increased?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 11:24 PM)mstiff027 Wrote: [quote='zonk' pid='65701' dateline='1397274545']

Zonk, thanks for ur response. I have a climate line also & I feel as though the hose doesn't get warm either (especially with the temp @ 80) Maybe my machine works fine cause I'm not experiencing dryness. I hate though that I'm wasting so much distilled water cause it's not free. Just making sure the device is working correctly.

I had the Same thought till we got a vary cold night this past winter. My temp is set at 80 as well. When the room got down to 65 one night I could feel it. Sort of used it as my own personal heater Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to KNOW it is heating the water then IMMEDIATELY after turning it off in the morning, pop the water reservoir cover and feel the bottom.

The machine makes a point of going through a "cool down" ritual at shutoff (presumably to extend the life of the machine), so I would recommend either LEAVING the cover OPEN or replacing the partly water reservoir and closing it firmly.

The amount of water needed is a function of the actual room humidity and the set humidity; the room humidity is greatly dependent on the difference of the outside temperature vs. the inside temperature (air conditioning or heat) as well as the outside humidity.

The lower the humidity of the room ambient air the more the machine needs to put into the air you breath (for a given setting.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing you can do just to make sure the machine thinks it's working correctly is to unplug it from the back of the machine. Then plug it back in and watch the display as it boots up. The first thing you should see is the "Resmed" logo. Then you should see a message that says "humidifier enabled," or something very similar to that.

That doesn't prove it's working right, but it will demonstrate that the Resmed unit itself knows it's there and "enabled."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,266 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF) SwirlySauce 3 910 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zellem
  Vitera humidification issue (?) jtmAZ 8 824 06-15-2022, 05:00 PM
Last Post: jtmAZ
  [Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - how do I turn off humidification? Linear Thinker 5 2,114 05-27-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Linear Thinker
Question [Equipment] P2H Humidification Mask to replace humidifier TaxFreeira 1 569 07-08-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  how increase humidification in Resmed airsense 10 hegel 4 1,200 03-31-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  DIY Supercharged humidification farnsy 8 1,881 01-31-2020, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Osiris357

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.