Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas without diagnosis
Central Apneas without diagnosis
Hello, everyone involved.

I am using a ResMed Airsense 10 with a ResMed F30i hybrid mask. I have used the machine for about 5 nights, three nights of which registered AHI’s of 11,  the vast majority of which were central apneas, but yet I was not diagnosed with central apnea during my polysomnograph. The other two nights proved to be successful, with AHI’ s being less than 2, greater than 8 hours sleep,  and etc. Why in the world would I get a fair amount of nights with centrals when not being diagnosed as such?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Central Apneas without diagnosis
There is a thing called Treatment Emergent Central Apnea, it could be that.

Post a daily screenshot from OSCAR for evaluation, the full night plus a 10 minute view including the centrals so we can see what they look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apneas without diagnosis
I do not have OSCAR. I will take time to learn about it this weekend. Is it easy to download and use? I had my EPR set on 3. Could this be why I am getting centrals? Should I lower it to 1or 2 or turn it off? Thanks, Geoffrey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So many Central Apnea! Treatment emergent? Bricks 1 156 05-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleep Apnea, confused about Oscar readings kps619 22 1,152 05-15-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: kps619
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 4 349 05-12-2022, 03:05 PM
Last Post: mitzvahtime
  How To Adjust Pressure For Clear Airway Apneas Ice Man 27 1,244 05-06-2022, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Few Apneas But Poor Sleep Susabella 3 236 05-03-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Susabella
  Concerns of Diagnosis After 1 Week crashbandicoot 0 161 04-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: crashbandicoot
  2 PSG Studies w/ RERAS, Unsure OSA/UARS Diagnosis and APAP Pressure SleepyTeacher 5 220 04-13-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.