Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Apneas without diagnosis
Central Apneas without diagnosis
Hello, everyone involved.

I am using a ResMed Airsense 10 with a ResMed F30i hybrid mask. I have used the machine for about 5 nights, three nights of which registered AHI’s of 11,  the vast majority of which were central apneas, but yet I was not diagnosed with central apnea during my polysomnograph. The other two nights proved to be successful, with AHI’ s being less than 2, greater than 8 hours sleep,  and etc. Why in the world would I get a fair amount of nights with centrals when not being diagnosed as such?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apneas without diagnosis
There is a thing called Treatment Emergent Central Apnea, it could be that.

Post a daily screenshot from OSCAR for evaluation, the full night plus a 10 minute view including the centrals so we can see what they look like.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Apneas without diagnosis
I do not have OSCAR. I will take time to learn about it this weekend. Is it easy to download and use? I had my EPR set on 3. Could this be why I am getting centrals? Should I lower it to 1or 2 or turn it off? Thanks, Geoffrey.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 557 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,516 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 267 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.