Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto
Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto
Hello Everyone

I have a Air Curve10 Vauto with FX20 Airtouch mask and I have several problems:
1) Machine is about 18 months old and has become more noisy during the night
2) Machine starts on its own in the morning after I switch it off
3) I have moved to a different state and my provider is not providing service anymore (from NY To PA)  Where do you think I should be able to get service for the Machine
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noise Problem with Air Curve10 Vauto
Noise often times is a leak somewhere.  Mine is the water tank - make sure it is seated or try a new one.  All air lines that there are no holes, tightly fitted.  Mask is not blocked in the ventilation ports.

If it is turning on or off expectantly make sure the auto start is turned off.  We have had a number of people that have had problems with it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the noise. Is it just an air leaking or a whining sound that changes in pitch with inhale and exhale?

If it's just an air leak, then you'd want to confirm connections at hose, mask, and humidifier to be certain they're seated firmly.

If the whining is your issue, then it would be likely a pneumatic block failure that has cropped up in some ResMed's. This could be a warranty issue, likely results in replacement of PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2022, 09:10 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Noise often times is a leak somewhere.  Mine is the water tank - make sure it is seated or try a new one.  All air lines that there are no holes, tightly fitted.  Mask is not blocked in the ventilation ports.

If it is turning on or off expectantly make sure the auto start is turned off.  We have had a number of people that have had problems with it.

I am quite sure it's not an air leak.  Where do I turn to check how to activate the warranty?
Thanks for answering me
Post Reply Post Reply
You would contact the DME where you purchased your CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2022, 11:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You would contact the DME where you purchased your CPAP.

Thanks for the quick response
The problem is that I moved from NY to PA last year and the DME provider is not allowed to provide service in PA.  So I feel a bit stuck. I have bought supplies from a local place.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change your DME, just check your insurance provider for one in your area that is in your insurance network.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked with your previous DME for an affiliate in your area?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have had the VAuto for less than 2-years, insurance isn't involved.  It is a warranty repair. You just need to find a Resmed dealer in your area, and refer your purchasing DME's name.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2022, 12:10 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You can change your DME, just check your insurance provider for one in your area that is in your insurance network.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,273 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.