Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Cluster
Central Cluster
Wondering if CA cluster and CA's doubling since starting soft collar (several positional OA clusters per night have stopped  like  ) have any significance. Any room for further improvement on CA's ? A loud police chase went by and woke me up around cluster time. lol

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Cluster
Why are you showing Tidal Volume and Mask Pressure on an AutoSet. What, other than Apnea, are you trying to treat?

I am not seeing the typical waxing and waning of a CO2 influenced Central Apnea. Please provide a 3 minute view so we can see what is happening on a breath by breath basis.
Also sho us a standard (OSCAR \ View \ Reset Graphics \ Standard) set of charts as they provide the best info for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
If as you say you were disturbed in sleep by a siren or similar at the time of the CA clusters, then it might be SWJ (Sleep Wake Junk) where your breath control is alternating between smooth sleep and less smooth wake.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Just wondering if these CA's are anything to be concerned about, Is this the right graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
On graphs, if F12 will do it, push it and it should get an appropriate OSCAR screenshot. If not for whatever reason, same as you have now but grab the dividing line between events/flow rate, flow rate/pressure, pressure/leaks by a click and drag the chart segments upward to try fitting in flow limits just below leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    This ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 553 25 minutes ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,516 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,608 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.