Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Sleep Apnea?
Central Sleep Apnea?
I just read in another thread about a member who was concerned about possibility of Central Sleep Apnea. One response was that if there are lots of clusters throughout night this may be an indicator.

My DME was quite unhelpful in even discussing having over 10 AHI after 7 days of CPAP.

Stats for last night: 9hrs 48min, AHI = 11.73

I cannot post a complete screenshot because I have exceeded 512kb max of this forum Huhsign

Any thoughts on possible central apnea from this screenshot?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Sleep Apnea?
Here are some tutorials to show you how to organize your screenshots and what we need to look at in order to give any advice.

Use an outside source to upload your data to this forum.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

If you want to use the attachment feature, you will be limited as to what you can do according to member status.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=19
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a treatise by Paula on how to put an image inline that's hosted on another server.
Get a free account at photobucket or imgur; and you can use IMG tags to insert images of higher resolution and size.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the above comments about the image file size, but now I understand that a member's status impacts total file space, that is good to know.

Regarding the issue of central sleep apnea, any thoughts? Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Wayne, you've been at this for a week, and still have unacceptable AHI. Central events generally respond inversely to pressure, and may also be reduced with less pressure support or exhale pressure relief. In most new users, we expect to see this diminish in time as they get more comfortable and adapt to the machine. I think you need to give it more time, but the DME cannot help you with this issue. This needs to be brought up with the doctor as he is the only one that can alter prescription pressures or even order further evaluation.

Give it another week and use the off-site hosting described in the tnet articles to post some data. We can try to help or suggest some trial and error approaches to see if it has any effect. It's too early to lose hope that things will just settle on their own, but eventually you will need to follow-up with the doctor if it does not. You have to give it some time, as the doctor will be unlikely to intervene until the current approach has been given an adequate trial.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2016, 10:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Wayne, you've been at this for a week, and still have unacceptable AHI. ...
Give it another week and use the off-site hosting described in the tnet articles to post some data...

Thanks Sleeprider. I will lay low for a while and see what the results look like after next week. I am finding that all of this is a bit of a shock to me as I would have never guessed I had severe sleep apnea and am just hopeful things will get under control. Thanks Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
If I understand the DreamStation Pro correctly, it runs an auto trial mode, then sets a fixed pressure.
If so, your AHI may improve when it goes into fixed mode.
OR -- you may have been better served by a true auto machine.

Time will tell...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2016, 10:58 AM)justMongo Wrote: If I understand the DreamStation Pro correctly, it runs an auto trial mode, then sets a fixed pressure.
If so, your AHI may improve when it goes into fixed mode.
OR -- you may have been better served by a true auto machine.

Time will tell...

Mongo is correct about the DreamStation Pro auto trial mode. I ran auto trial on my DreamStation until it settled on a 90% pressure and then switched back to fixed mode using that pressure.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I had follow up with dr and he prescribed fixed pressure of 12 and been almost a week now and AHI is consistently under 5. That is good Smile Before this follow up my AHI over a period of one month hardly ever got under 5.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Central Detection Driving Me Nuts!! Reznik 65 11,478 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: ChristianH
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 5 193 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Last Post: RoughriderTR
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 453 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,827 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.