Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central Sleep apnea
Central Sleep apnea
Hi I have been diagnosed with Central Sleep Apneas and use a Bipap AutoSV Advanced system One. My problem is the response to a central episode. My machine gives gradual puffs of air which couldn't knock a fly off a leaf (first 3 or so ) and it does increase those breaths, but by then I'm starving for air. Then repeat the above sequence over 8 hours. I have about 30 episodes per hour without the machine. I'm wondering how the machine thinks my lung capacity is so low. I wake up sucking air thru my mask holes to compensate each time. I'm about 50% better with this machine set up, but still really tired each day. Any comments are appreciated !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central Sleep apnea
G'day d2forbes, welcome to the forum.

Your machine has a wealth of adjustments which should be able to kill those apneas much more quickly than you describe. Unfortunately I don't know sufficient details about the PRS machines, but I'm sure some of the other members here will be able to help.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi d2forbes,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am rather new to my ASV machine, but my first question(s) are can you tell us what each/all of your settings are at?

You can set machine max
EPAP MIN
EPAP MAX
PS MIN
PS MAX
BACKUP RATE (BRM) = AUTO, or a number

For those main settings (just using myself for an example):
MACHINE MAX=25
EPAP MIN=13.5
EPAP MAX=18
PS MIN=4
PS MAX=10
BRM=auto

Now, without using software you can't figure out easily how to adjust your settings. Did a Doc give you a script with settings?

Others will jump in shortly with more info, but I suspect that either your starting settings are too low, or, your caps (MAX) is set too low.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 348 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.