Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apnea
Central apnea
Just diagnosed and reading up on this. I've been on a CPAP machine for over 30 yrs. For 5 years now I have been getting up in the middle of the night with palpitations and blood pressure through the roof. I'm sure this was my central apnea. I just had my new sleep study that found this. I have a choice where to have them send the report. Would it be best to have a Pulmonary Doc look at it or Neurology? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central apnea
Deamo, please download OSCAR software. It's free and will provide details even your doctor can't see. We can help you to understand what is going on. Read my signature links on how to Organize your Oscar chart and post files and images.

A CPAP does not treat central apnea, although most people are initially prescribed CPAP before getting the therapy that does work. By looking at your charts, we can help inform you how to best work with your doctor to improve these problems. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will the Oscar software delete what is on the card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, it's best to look at the data. You'll want to be sure to request your personal copies of the script and sleep study for your health file and to post a redacted version here. You're likely working with a doctor already that ordered a sleep study. I'm not disagreeing with you, but do post the results and the best bet to move forward on CA treatment is inquire with your doctor how he or she treats Central Apnea. This answer will clue you in if this doctor will be helpful or not.

You'll also need to get input from your health insurance to find an in-network DME supplier near you. You'll want to find one that has a good reputation and that issues ResMed machines.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR will download onto your computer and not the card.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No your data will still be on the  card.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Medicare will not make this an easy process. I will post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because I'm SSDI, I'm on Medicare as well, along with those here that are retired. We can help walk you through the process. And Medicare does pay for machines that deal with Central Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.