Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apnea and doctors visit
Central apnea and doctors visit
Hi folks!

Thanks for all of your help over the last year.

I have now had a CPAP for almost exactly 1 year and what a positive difference it has made! Occasionally when my therapy doesn't work or if I tear my mask off while asleep I am shocked at how tired I feel the next day , and how I endured this for years! (A decade?). What an amazing improvement to my life!

I am going to see my sleep doc this week to discuss central apnea. My results show (per my Resmed) that I have almost no hypopnea and almost no OSA. Almost all of my apneas area central (again, according to my Resmed machine). I'm bringing a bunch of reports to my sleep doc - 1 year, 30 days and bad nights. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I should bring or discuss?

Thanks and it's nice to get a good nights sleep isn't it?

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Central apnea and doctors visit
Hi Mike,
Sounds like you are on the right track by bringing your reports to the Dr. so he/she can see what's been going on over the last year.
Hang in there for other suggestions and good luck to you at your upcoming Dr.'s visit.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mike, what is the breakdown of Apnea's vs Centrals? I would just take the card in, they can read it from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is asleep clinic, I would even take in the machine, so they can check the pressure and the overall maintenance of the machine, but do bring in the card and take your own print out, circling the areas you want to discuss.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2014, 04:58 AM)DocWils Wrote: If it is asleep clinic, I would even take in the machine, so they can check the pressure and the overall maintenance of the machine, but do bring in the card and take your own print out, circling the areas you want to discuss.

Thanks for all the helps folks, as always. My appointment is with my sleep doc, not the clinic, which he sets me up for (yeah! I'm in canada so it all free!).

Thanks as always for the help. And once again. Wow! What a difference a CPAP makes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mike, some sleep docs do have the equipment to check the pressure of the machine, etc - call the secretary and ask if that is possible and if you should bring in the machine or just the cf card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,675 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,579 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 116 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 221 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,090 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 642 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.