Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apnea issues with Covid
RE: Central apnea issues with Covid
Thank you all for your thoughts.  My brother seems to be improving.  He was worried that he was feeling so fatigued because his numbers were high, but I think it is just how covid is affecting his breathing pattern and possibly waking up more.  He put his machine back to his normal settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m glad he’s improving. I hope he’ll recover soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear he's on the mend. And I agree return PAP to it's regularly scheduled programming. I never was a supporter of editing PAP settings to address what is likely short-term illnesses, despite whether or not it's related to PAP or not.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You would likely notice AHI readings to bounce up and down when you are sick or taking medications for any reason. It's best to wait it out and keep settings where they make you as comfortable as possible.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My CAs also went up when I was diagnosed with COVID; I'm still experiencing minor lingering effects, but my CAs are coming back down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you are improving.  How long ago did you get it?
Post Reply Post Reply
About 6 weeks ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm replying to this thread to add to the people whose CAs went up after catching covid. My ahi went from <1 to >3. All CAs with 1 hypopnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has it settled back down? How long did it take?
Post Reply Post Reply
Interestingly enough, I had an AHI of .2 last night. I believe I know what happened. I just came down with covid this past Saturday. I have had my Resmed set to 7.6 cm pressure with EPR @ 2. But I was having some discomfort breathing out. So I changed EPR to 3. This is when my CAs grew. Last night I set epr back to 2 and set autoset from 7.4 to 12. This really helped. I haven't looked at OSCAR yet. But I woke up shortly after falling asleep to use the bathroom and my pressure was at 9.2. I'm going to keep my settings on auto until everything starts balancing back out. For me though, I think the EPR change was what mainly affected my CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 595 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 212 5 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,521 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,403 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.